Peck Bostonian Pup Conversion - RC Groups
Jun 04, 2006, 01:21 PM
Discussion

Peck Bostonian Pup Conversion

I had a chance to fly this rubber conversion recently and was quite impressed with the results. Peck kits are reasonalbly priced and always have quality wood. I installed the Plantraco Plug & Play Deluxe starter kit, modified the LG location and made wing attach w/ magnet. A few other obvious changes to tail surfaces but, all in all, the model is a natural for the conversion. AUW w/lipo @ 24 grams. Check it out!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2006, 02:27 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Very nice conversion! Nice to see planes that look like planes. What's the span? Share some video if ya got it. The last Peck kit I converted (Corbin Baby Ace) had some real lumber in it. I used only the Wing spars and nose blocks and should have replaced them too as it turned out quite nose heavy.
Jun 04, 2006, 02:36 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
That's great! I've always fancied the Peck-Polymers Prairie Bird and thought that would make a good conversion too. The pup is much more handsome, though. Good job.
Jun 04, 2006, 03:19 PM
Very refreshing. Two real planes in two days. Excellent workmanship and looks good in the air!

Robert
Jun 04, 2006, 03:52 PM
Wow

That is a really nice plane. Great to see stick and tissue planes.
Is that a bostonian as in the bostonian class of models or is there a real plane named the bostonian pup?

Ether way what is the span? AUW?

Thanks
Billy
Jun 04, 2006, 05:42 PM
AUW w/90 Mah lipo is 24 grams. The span is 16" and it is a rubber model for Bostonian events designed by Bob Peck. The kit is only like 6 bucks or so. I swapped out some wood also but the way it flys I really think the kit wood would have been OK. The Prairie Bird looks like a natural conversion too. Glad you like it!
Jun 04, 2006, 08:00 PM
Same Day Delivery
Very nice conversion, thats my kind of micro!
Jun 04, 2006, 09:19 PM
Well done. I agree with Billy, it's nice to see the stick and tissue builds. You did a wonderful job on it.

Rob
Jun 06, 2006, 03:58 PM

Peck conversion Baby Ace ARF

I converted Peck's Baby Ace also some time back. This airframe came out to only 15.5 grams. Used mostly kit wood and 1/32 sheet instead of the paper cutouts, (no heavy kit tissue either!). Plan to use either my JMP or DU Rx101 in this when I get them freed up from a couple of other micros. That should put it right at an ounce AUW I recon. This again was a very nice straight forward conversion. Also, I liked the looks of no wheel pants and narrower strut fairings. I have converted the Peck Aircamper peanut also w/Plantraco and it flys every bit as good as the Pup plus, it does some wicked snaps. It's all up w/bat is 20 grams.
Jun 07, 2006, 09:13 AM
Nice planes.
In the photo it looks like you have a brushless motor popping out the sheeting on the aircamper.

Billy
Jun 07, 2006, 09:25 AM
Thats the Plantraco pager motor mounted partially exposed like the full scale Aircampers Model "A" Engine. (I think that was a model A?)
Jun 09, 2006, 08:06 AM

Flight of the Peitenpol

Kinda cool shot of the Aircamper w/Plantraco equipment in action!
Jun 09, 2006, 09:33 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Nice models Letcraft. Great job
Jun 09, 2006, 03:52 PM
Heli Bouncer
What type of drive are you using?
Jun 09, 2006, 04:42 PM

Motor/gearbox sizes

The Aircamper is using the Plantraco GB03, 5.25/1 gearbox w/ 4" prop same as the Pup. The Baby Ace will have a KP00 M-20 w/2.7:1 gearbox w/4" Kasun prop w/rx101 rcvr. The 14.5" span Andreason pictured here is using a KP00 outside gearbox 4.75:1 w/M-20 motor, a 4.75" Peck prop and the DU Rx101 w/1 gram actuators.