May 23, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

This must be the FEE of all FEE'S..........

OK, OK, OK,… No wait!..... Now I’m confused and someone needs to explain this one to me...... OK, OK, look…. Will someone please tell me the logic as to HOW STUPID CAN PEOPLE IN AMERICA’S TOWNS BE?

This is the deal….. The impact FEE on a 2280 sq. ft. home is READY?... $13.700 to the County and that must be paid at some point… Now… They say this is because of the impact that will be placed on the schools, water, police, fire and sewer….. Yet the county tax we pay every year is for the same thing?.... Now just wait as here comes the “NEW FEE” that is being brought up by the “CITY”! READY FOR THIS NEW FEE?????????? ……… A $3,790 fee for the “SEWER” Yes we have out done our selves this time….. A fee for the sewer line from your house to the street!!!!!! What next?????

After all we have already paid the county for the main sewer have we not…..?
Last edited by FCBrosius; May 24, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
May 23, 2006, 10:50 PM
Go get them Meg!
Is the county going to performing the hookup to the main sewer?

If so, then it's a legitimate expense that you should pay for.
May 24, 2006, 01:28 AM
Foam Floats Better
According to my water bill, it cost me more to flush my toilet, than it does to fill it back up.
May 24, 2006, 01:43 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
Is the county going to performing the hookup to the main sewer?

If so, then it's a legitimate expense that you should pay for.
if they don't force you to connect to it, that is. they were going to do that to us at my last place...
May 24, 2006, 06:19 AM
Suspended Account
Keep an eye on those water bills too...I say in our lifetime { next 50 years or so} were gonna see some huge increases in the prices of those water bills and there wont be much ,we as people, can do about it.
May 24, 2006, 06:29 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
There should be a fee for abusing font codes.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
May 24, 2006, 06:59 AM
Time for me to Fly...
In Michigan if you are within 500' of a sewer system you WILL hook in. It's the law. In my township you'll pay a tap in fee of $3750 for that privlage. You'll have to hire someone else to actually install the pipe. On top of that, if you sewer is one that's been reciently updated or connects to one that has you'll pay another fee (assessment they call it) of $3250. The county will also charge you a fee (they maintain the trunk lines and treatment plants) of $2000. So we are now at $9000 for the privlage to tie in. Figure you'll have $2000-$3000 grand for installation. So the whole thing is 11 grand. Not bad eh?

But it gets even better. In my case, my property wasn't served by public sewer. However I was within 500' of the system. You are not allowed to cross another person's property with a service lead. I had to build about 200' of sewer main and one manhole. That cost me $8000. No problem. I'd rather have that than a spetic field anyway. But the township still charged me that sewer assessment from above. I says "Wait a minute. How can you assess me for a line you didn't serve me with"? They told me it was their policy to assess every body even if they had to build their own sewer main. In the end, it cost me $19,000 dollars to serve my own home with sewer.

On top of that my sewer bill is $160 every three months. It doubled a couple years ago. I read in the paper the other day that it's going up to $260.

Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; May 24, 2006 at 08:47 AM.
May 24, 2006, 09:56 AM
wow, you could have a deluxe two-hole outhouse for that much dough
May 24, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Yes in Western New York it worked the same way. You paid the fee for the privilege of having someone you hire to hook up to the main line. On top of that YOU are responsible to maintain the line. They are responsible for the main line.

Let me see if I have this right… You pay for the line to be put in that is at no cost to the city or the county. You pay for the materials that are at no cost to the city or the county. You must maintain the line that is of no cost to the city or the county. Then to top it all off you pay every quarter to the city or the county or both to maintain there system let say like rent.

Is that not like paying for the privilege to hook up? Is that not racketeering or at the other end extortion at it’s worst? Come on now… This is as bad if not worse then the water department saying “it went through the meter”. True story had this happen… Just got a 3 family apartment house up north and it was right at the end of winter like March. The water department had just put in a new water meter with all numbers set to zero. The water department called three weeks later and said when we put in your new meter it looked to be running a bit fast you may want to check it out. So I checked it out and found that the water pipe from the house to the garage had broken from the frost. So in the first three weeks of owning this house the water bill was $600 no joke. But, the sewer bill of that 600 was more then the water portion. So I called the water department and asked why such a high bill when the water went into the ground? The answer: “because it went through the meter” Sorry that is how it is!

Fee’s are put on because they do not have to have the peoples ok to tack them on. Yet when you ask about a fee they tell you that if you do not like to pay the fee do your business someplace else.

Another true story: A man down the street wants to open up a “NEW” restaurant in a new strip mall. The impact fee for the privilege of doing so is $30 plus thousand dollars no joke. Why? Because of the impact it would have on the water and sewer. I do not even want to tell you what the impact fees are to open a new Laundromat as you would not believe it.
May 24, 2006, 10:22 AM
Ol' Deadeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon
wow, you could have a deluxe two-hole outhouse for that much dough
I was gonna add two-hole, two-story but it sounds as if some of these guys are already experiencing that design with the top story reserved for local officials only.
May 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
There should be a fee for abusing font codes.

Happy now?
May 24, 2006, 10:34 AM
How about paying for something you already have?

We have a place in Manhattan Beach. Word has it they will be removing all overhead utilities and converting them to underground ones. So far, rumor has it the assessment will be ~$30K. Ouch.
May 24, 2006, 10:37 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Why not fit a composting toilet and use your grey water for your garden?
At least you don't have a two hour cruise up the river to a temperamental pumpout to empty your waste.
May 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumme
Keep an eye on those water bills too...I say in our lifetime { next 50 years or so} were gonna see some huge increases in the prices of those water bills and there wont be much ,we as people, can do about it.
Sure there will.

Ever hear of a well?

Rick
May 24, 2006, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
Why not fit a composting toilet and use your grey water for your garden?
At least you don't have a two hour cruise up the river to a temperamental pumpout to empty your waste.
Nor does he have to worry that his domicile might spring a leak and sink.

Rick

Quick Reply