Corona - oneway bearing - mission completed. - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2002, 05:56 PM

Corona - oneway bearing - mission completed.

Finished the mod a few min ago.
Costs:

Ergo flybar (4mm) as new and long main shaft. - 5$
oneway bearing Z402 from a friend in Hamburg - 8$
New spurgear - 12$

Total 25$

Had to test in (1:00 AM) in my living room...

The Corona is like flying on a pillow... the gyro is working smoother (altough I have these funny wiggles once in a while.

Great Mod.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2002, 07:55 PM
since you mention it, ocationally i get this wiggle on my piccolo once in a while. very seldom though. but i wonder why. could it be radio glitches.
Jul 19, 2002, 12:54 AM
Flying high since '85
I don't understand, how does a one way bearing effect the flight of a fixed pitch heli?
Jul 19, 2002, 09:55 AM
It helps because it removes the "reverse torque". Put your FP heli on a lazy susan or a smooth surface and apply power, it will yaw to the left. When you reduce the power slightly it will yaw to the right. This right yaw will be removed with the one-way.

I designed the one-way for my CP Hornet and didn't believe that it would benifit a FP until one of my beta testers let me fly his. It made a tremendous difference. If you are only hovering then it won't be as noticable since the power changes are minor, once you start moving around and working the throttle you will really apreciate it.
Jul 22, 2002, 01:51 PM
Which Ergo flybar was this? 30, 46, or 60?

Thanks.
Jul 22, 2002, 02:41 PM
Jul 22, 2002, 02:46 PM
Thanks!

Now I just need to find a bearing.
Jul 23, 2002, 12:55 AM
Hey guys,
I have a bearing that "fits the LHM shaft pretty good" and is "one way." It shoud work and am sure if you call Boca they would know, very helpful people.

Diameter :8.03 mm
Height: 5.87 mm
One way needle bearing
# NSK TORR FC-4K

With just a little bit of work and patients anyone should be able to make this and many upgrades.

take care
taus
www.cuttingedgecnc.com
Last edited by taus; Sep 08, 2002 at 11:16 PM.