Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Discussion

T-rex Bell 206 Jet Ranger overhaul

Just got finished doing some updates on the Jet Ranger. Heres a list of some changes.
1) Molded Driveshaft cover added
2) Door handles
3) Exhaust stacks added
4) Molded Tail vertical fin
5) Molded Horizontal stabilizer
6) Molded front clear windshield
7) Molded Front bottom chin bubbles

This is going to be the standard for the Jet Ranger. Im discontinuing the Full PETG body. Most wanted the PETG for the clear windshields.
This body (Styrene is much easier to assemble over PETG) Easier to glue and easier to paint and It comes with clear windshields and plastic to make clear side windows.
This will be the Jet Ranger V2
Not much left but panel lines and rivets (Mabey save that for a later date for a V3.
Forgot to add, I did some updating on my site recently to the building tips pages. Checkem out it will answer some questions alot of people have and help alot in the building/assembly process.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hotep
Did u make that ur self or.... ! It looks good man.
May 23, 2006, 04:03 AM
Darth! Now I;m really mad I got the crappy rc-expert one, (again before I knew he ripped you off) When are these for sale? and how much?
P.S. saw my letter on your web site!
Rmasu
P.S. any other bodies coming out for the Eco 8? I saw a post where you were thinking about a ranger body but didn't see any on your web site.
May 23, 2006, 08:52 AM
adicted to FFF...!!!
can you give us a link to your site???
May 23, 2006, 08:56 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
http://darthdrk.4t.com/
May 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
Dert Farmur
Looks great Darth! I now see what next winter's project is going to be...assuming I can wait that long.
May 24, 2006, 12:46 PM
Heli monkey
Oh man! I just bought the old one last week in styrene. Would the window inserts for the new kit fit in the old one? If so, could I order just the windows?

Thanks,

Michael
May 24, 2006, 01:16 PM
Will this fit over an SE?
May 24, 2006, 01:52 PM
psykolefse.jorgis.com
Just bought a V2
But, what spray-paint is recommended for styrene? Lexan-paint?
May 24, 2006, 04:43 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by echopoint
Oh man! I just bought the old one last week in styrene. Would the window inserts for the new kit fit in the old one? If so, could I order just the windows?

Thanks,

Michael
Yes, the windshields will fit.
May 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
I just did a quick paint job on mine. I used regular krylon brand spray paint found at walmart. I made my windshields so that can be removed by making a little track on the inside of the fuselage that the edge of the the windshield fits in. I also did the same with the lower chin bubble windscreen. My side windows front and back on each side slides into a track which I made for them also. If anyone is interested in this detail let me know and Ill try to get some pics up of it.
May 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
adicted to FFF...!!!
hey darthdrk:

where can I buy this fuselage or an airwolf...???
wich sites are your oficial distributors...???

I really like your job. congratullations
Jun 10, 2006, 06:24 AM
psykolefse.jorgis.com
Here's how my Jetranger turned out, based on a CHC Helicopter
Just a few cosmetic errors I have to fix, like painting some of the screws that holds the body together, but other then that it's done
Jun 10, 2006, 07:27 AM
Its all fun
Ed, I would love to see the detail on those tracks for the windows. I am going to buy one of these as soon as your Australian distributor has the new version in stock. Is that WattsupRC?
Jun 10, 2006, 08:59 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Great job!