Jul 17, 2002, 12:45 PM
Thread OP

Wireless video from black widow

Anyone have any experience with the wireless video equpment from black widow av?

http://www.blackwidowav.com/
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2002, 03:28 PM
Sure. I purchased the 100 MW systems for my Wingo. It works great, the picture is awesome and it’s easy to set up. I send the feed directly to my video camera and have some great flight videos. With some practice you can fly the thing from inside the car, I’ve not tried that yet.

Make sure to point the antenna down and to focus the lens.

Enjoy.
Jul 17, 2002, 07:32 PM
I have the 50mw version. I have yet to use it in a plane or Heli but I will soon. I have played around with it and it has an awesome range. I was walking outside for a very loooong distance before the signal gave up and that was with the receiver on the second story and the antenna pointing the wrong way! The video quality is excellent. It blows the cheaper CMOS cameras away and the built in sound is great. You get what you pay for. I have a brushless truck, plane, and Heli I plan to install it into for some great on-board videos. Just need more time....
Jul 17, 2002, 09:34 PM
Giddy up!
Highly recommend Bill's setup. Awesome video setup for a great price. He also helps out with any questions you have. Quick shipping, very professional. He's done his homework.
Jul 17, 2002, 09:52 PM
soft yummy goodness.
Bill has been doing the wireless video thing for some time now. After experimenting with many setups, he's found the best price/performance setup out there. He's not kidding when he says you can't fly the Wingo/Soarstar high enough to get it out of range!

The neat thing about aerial video is that you double your fun... you get some great flights at the field, then can't wait to get home and watch the tape.

Lately, I've been playing around with his gear on someone else's model train setup. Tres cool.

-chris

Quick Reply