May 23, 2006, 06:56 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels
Phill,

Sounds like I better get another batch of 20 EB2's in for you, your gumtrees and cars want to play with them too much

I'm still tossing up over if I should go with the 3.2 x 8mm slotted-rib LE or just leave it as the notched 6mm.sq LE.

Paul.

20?? You'd better make that forty I Personally found it easy to use the 6mm sq LE. I found kinda usefull, due that if you want to D box the wing, It would be easy. Also it's easier to repair, since you can get it from the LHS and its simple. Plus, its not push up the price of the kit, nor cause you any greater expense.

I dont intentionally crash my models, nor does any one else. ATM I'm having a few judgement issues with my eyes. Maybe I need glasses. Oh well.

Phill
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2006, 06:59 AM
What do you mean? We had a great weekend for flying in Melb. Where you guys at? In northern suburbs where I am, it was the first time in a while that it hasn't been gusting all day...only rained out towards the end of the day on Sunday.

Ex.
May 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
This is one happy camper! The GWS Corsair perfectly, I'm using 11.1v 1500 batteries and I was getting about 15 minutes duration just cruising about at half throttle.
That wing looks amazing when it's coming toward you at 10 feet!
Another great morning, heading our for another hour of fresh air, morning sunshine and toy planes. Aint life grand!
May 23, 2006, 06:18 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Excellent weather here too... but I'm sitting inside drawing up planes in CAD... I really need to get myself a laser cutter... and someone to build the planes for me :-P

Mr.Buzzy, I like the sound of your F4U coming at you, I know what you mean
May 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Parkflyer81,

Well, I think I'll get 4 more EB2's, another 4 Seethers... then I really have to get to finishing/starting the Slipso400 (it's a simple plane, but I still have to do it )

Paul.
May 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
Had a great time again with the Corsair, took my S+B Komet out for a good run as well, ran 3 batteries flat and had a ball! Had a good dose of fresh air and sunlight, refreshed for another day! Gotta love this hobby!

Pusher planes are great! I really like the look of that Seether Paul.
Cheers
Alf
May 24, 2006, 07:10 AM
electric convert
Quote:
... and someone to build the planes for me :-P
Move to perth paul. ill build em for ya :P

Cheers Joel
May 24, 2006, 07:34 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Alf,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Buzzy
Pusher planes are great! I really like the look of that Seether Paul.
I've got to say, it's one plane I really do get a good buzz from flying. Most of the time it's actually just cruising along taunting me "Come on, what next?". Admittingly not a huge amount you can do with elevator/aileron only. I thought about putting rudders on but I let that one go... for now

Seems news has already slipped out along the net about my ordering of the next block of seethers... already started to sell them and they're not even here!

Paul.
May 24, 2006, 07:36 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel231
Move to perth paul. ill build em for ya :P
*laugh* interesting idea. Would you believe that I've been getting goods from Perth/WA area which I just cannot seem to locate on the Eastern Seaboard (NSW/VIC/QLD) - seems that WA is warming up to be the new "we do business" area.

On a more serious note, I am going to have to start sending out a copy of these kits to people to test build/fly for me as I simply am running out of time between my real business (email filtering software) and designing these planes.

Paul.
May 24, 2006, 07:38 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Thread OP
Quote:
......Seems news has already slipped out along the net about my ordering of the next block of seethers... already started to sell them and they're not even here!

If and when you get version 3 of EB2, Mark me down for one Please

Also, If you want anything test built / flown, Let me know, I give it a crack.

I weighed the AP plane today, 600 grams of wood, electrics and battery. The battery it self nearly weighs 100 grams. Just cant afford a large lipo ATM moment, so the Big NiMH battery will have to do. That'll turn a 380 D/drive with a 6x3 folder on it. It drag it around like nothing on the tarmac. Hope it can do the same in the air. The first REAL maiden is tomorrow, I'll hope I don't have to bring home a bag of Balsa
Last edited by Parkflyer81; May 24, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
May 24, 2006, 07:45 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Phill,

Oh dear, did you have that "100m to the ground and into toothpicks" event?

Paul.
May 24, 2006, 07:46 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Thread OP
Nope not yet. That may happen tomorrow but.
May 24, 2006, 07:47 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Quote:
it self nearly weighs 100 grams. Just cant afford a large lipo ATM moment, so the Big NiMH battery will have to do. That'll turn a 380 D/drive with a 6x3 folder on it. It
I've got a brand new 1000mA 10C pack here which is fairly compact if that's big enough - or do you need something larger? If that'd suit your application I can send it FOC with the next EB2.

Paul.
May 24, 2006, 07:58 AM
N00b Sloper Addict
Thread OP
I had a 1100 10c pack and that worked, but it nearly blew up in the process. I'm going to have to make the leap to nitro or go brushless.

ATM the 380 and Nimh is working well, just the flight times will be rather quick, if it gets of the ground.
May 24, 2006, 08:05 AM
Magicsmoke maker
Phill, I've sent you a PM, I've got something that might "ease" your trasition.

Quick Reply