Discussion

Craft-Air Windrifter

There is a 99" Windrifter on EBAY at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2006, 05:44 PM
AMA 71653

Winddrifter

The one on E-Bay is the high tail version, but still a excellant floater. I'm presently building one, well under construction since Hurricane Ivan. Joe
May 23, 2006, 08:10 PM
Smoking Joe

Can you tell me about the “high tail version,”? I have a Craft Air Windrifter kit in the garage and the box is a little different from the one on Ebay. It only has the large picture of the plane on the front. The smaller one plane in the upper right hand is not on my box. I assumed that only design was made. Are they all “high tail version,”?

Thanks in advance!

John
May 23, 2006, 10:12 PM
KE your cub.
I thought they were all high tails.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Windfree?
May 24, 2006, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare
I thought they were all high tails.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Windfree?

Here is what I have. Maybe its just semantics. This looks like it could be a free floating tail not a (high) T-Tail to me.

John
May 24, 2006, 08:04 AM
AMA 71653

Windrifter

The picture on the box indicates that it is the high-tail version, not to be confused with a T tail model. The plans will clearly indicate that the horizontal stab is mounted threw the vertical fin. The original windrifter had the horizontal stab mounted on the fuselage. I have plans for both and the kit I bought on E-bay was the H-T version, and I am building it to the plans of a low version. I built a Windfree model also.
May 24, 2006, 09:47 AM
Smoking Joe,

Thanks for the info Joe. Are you doing a building thread?

John
May 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
AMA 71653

Windrifter

John I've been building this plane since Oct. 2004. The building of this kit has been interrupted by a hurricane. heart surgery, and a move. I had one in the 70's along with the Windfree, Aquila, Paragon, Prodigy, and Oly. II. I don't have a camera to do a build thread. This kit is "old time" building tech. No snap together parts, let me hear from you if you start it. Joe
May 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
I'm working on a Paragon now and it has been a slow build also. It would be next winter before I would even think about starting it. If I do I will try to remember to give you a post.

John