New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old May 18, 2006, 10:22 PM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
Discussion

Why isn't there more vids of forward flight?


Before I purchaes my Lama2, I watched a ton of videos. Almost all of them were of the lama either hovering, or slowly puttering around someones living room. After just learning forward flight on it, I'm surprised at how fast it can go, and how well it (mine) does forward flight. Why isn't this mentioned more, or video'd more?

Jive
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2006, 12:39 AM
NuNuJet is offline
Find More Posts by NuNuJet
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jive
Before I purchaes my Lama2, I watched a ton of videos. Almost all of them were of the lama either hovering, or slowly puttering around someones living room. After just learning forward flight on it, I'm surprised at how fast it can go, and how well it (mine) does forward flight. Why isn't this mentioned more, or video'd more?

Jive
My guess would be most people just dont have the room indoors to get these little boogers up to FFF speeds they are capable of. Even then they are not that fast. I know when I fly mine in FFF i am much more likely to have blade clashes, stalls, etc. .. you know things that would never happen if I were flying in the confined space of my living room.

Maybe everyone is cautious??? I wish I could vid some of the flying we do at hangar at work .... the BCX is like a little mosiquito buzzing around when modded!
Old May 20, 2006, 08:57 AM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
I actually had my first blade stall yesterday. and it fell from about 15 ft. up. Good thing I hadn't mowed my lawn in awhile. no damage! I guess I need look into some mods. I'm curious as to how much better your BCX does compared to stock?

Yeah they're not that fast, but they do move much better than the videos show.

Jive


Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuJet
My guess would be most people just dont have the room indoors to get these little boogers up to FFF speeds they are capable of. Even then they are not that fast. I know when I fly mine in FFF i am much more likely to have blade clashes, stalls, etc. .. you know things that would never happen if I were flying in the confined space of my living room.

Maybe everyone is cautious??? I wish I could vid some of the flying we do at hangar at work .... the BCX is like a little mosiquito buzzing around when modded!
Old May 21, 2006, 11:08 AM
fh64_lucky is offline
Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
fh64_lucky's Avatar
you guys must be new to the forums,as there are lots of videos of bcx,lama2 doing just that...i have 2 or 3,1 modified as a bat copter complete with the batwings,flying through out my house...go back to november,december time threads and enjoy....
Old May 21, 2006, 08:42 PM
34Ford is offline
Find More Posts by 34Ford
KF4IVP
34Ford's Avatar
This is a video I made back in the winter outside. Had the camera stationary though.
http://media.putfile.com/lama3

Click on 640 in the view size just under the video window for a correct size. I like my Lama but its been collecting dust so I may be getting rid of it.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:09 PM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
Very cool video. I guess I was looking more at the company website videos.

Jive



Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
This is a video I made back in the winter outside. Had the camera stationary though.
http://media.putfile.com/lama3

Click on 640 in the view size just under the video window for a correct size. I like my Lama but its been collecting dust so I may be getting rid of it.
Old May 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
I'll do that. I've read through most of the Lama2 tips postings, but man, it's up to 39 pages now! It would be nice if it could be organized a bit more. I'm thinking of doing some mods to help FFF a bit, but I hate to wade through all the pages to dig up the info.

Jive




Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky
you guys must be new to the forums,as there are lots of videos of bcx,lama2 doing just that...i have 2 or 3,1 modified as a bat copter complete with the batwings,flying through out my house...go back to november,december time threads and enjoy....
Old May 21, 2006, 09:39 PM
3vw is offline
3vw
Find More Posts by 3vw
3vw
Registered User
3vw's Avatar
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=27
Old May 22, 2006, 01:04 AM
billyzelsnack is offline
Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
drops screws
Whenever I take mine outside I just get super frustrated. It's easy enough to get the thing moving fast enough, but it just does not have the power to overcome its inertia. Soon enough the flybar pops off or my blades will strike each other and smash! I love my Lama, just only for flying like a crazy man in my house. I bought a CP2 about a month ago and that's my outside heli (which I love also, btw)
Old May 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
SlowAero is offline
Find More Posts by SlowAero
"... to fly is everything"
SlowAero's Avatar
For me when I go too fast with my Lama it just stops flying and plummets!!
Old May 22, 2006, 08:49 PM
34Ford is offline
Find More Posts by 34Ford
KF4IVP
34Ford's Avatar
You mean the motors quit?

Well I sold my Lama to a friend a hour ago, so I will continue with the T-Rex and buy a QJ8 and if it works out I might sell the Rex.

I have found that every time I move up in size, its easier to learn on. Enjoyed the Lama but it was collecting dust like this mini-t is now.
Old May 22, 2006, 09:13 PM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
Now THAT is forward flight!!!!

What mods, if any, did you do to the BCX?

Jive




Old May 22, 2006, 10:34 PM
3vw is offline
3vw
Find More Posts by 3vw
3vw
Registered User
3vw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jive

What mods, if any, did you do to the BCX?

Jive
Thanks Jive

You're in for a long read if you haven't seen this thread yet

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454677

There's a lot of good Mod stuff in there too.

Here's another link you should check out

http://www.dacaur.com/bladecxhelp.html

enjoy
Old May 24, 2006, 04:38 PM
SlowAero is offline
Find More Posts by SlowAero
"... to fly is everything"
SlowAero's Avatar
34Ford, No the motors run fine - it looks like it quits generating lift, stops flying and falls.

SA
Old May 25, 2006, 12:41 AM
jive is offline
Find More Posts by jive
Geek Stallion
jive's Avatar
Checked out the links, and read through most of it. I'm guessing most of the mods for the BCX can be applied to the Lama as well.

One problem I seem to be having, is the flybar hitting the top blade. Not during fast forward flight, but usually after I make a fairly quick pass. Twice, when I have released the cyclic after the pass to slow down, then hit the rudder to bring the tail around, I've had hits. Very bad things soon follow. Luckily, I've only broken the tail, which was an easy CA fix. Does the shorter flybar mod help in this respect? I just can't see my Lama doing the FFF I have seen in the BCX vids, and surviving.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Jive




Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vw
Thanks Jive

You're in for a long read if you haven't seen this thread yet

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454677

There's a lot of good Mod stuff in there too.

Here's another link you should check out

http://www.dacaur.com/bladecxhelp.html

enjoy


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion why aren't there more scale helis? CzechSix Micro Helis 63 May 30, 2007 12:05 PM
Discussion Why isn't there much X3D info? Ted U Micro Helis 2 Mar 28, 2007 10:45 PM
Why isn't there a covering forum? Crowfly New Forum Requests 4 Oct 02, 2005 04:44 AM
F5B-7, I tried it and like it, why aren't there more flyers? eye_rc_soar High Performance 59 Jun 07, 2005 03:40 PM
Why aren't there more 70+inch span flying wings? fly1milehi Slope 99 Apr 12, 2005 08:13 AM