Thread OP
New Product

Hobby-Lobby new Cessna 337 Skymaster

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/skymaster.htm

Beautiful, nice flying and good price!
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2006, 09:23 PM
Off we go.............
Ahhhh the Skymaster, my favorite of Cessna's twins besides the 310.

And it also seems the least modeled in the R/C world, and until recently no decent flightsim(MSFS) models were avalible either.
Yes I think I'll have to get this one just to have it period, a rare one for sure.
Leave it to Hobby Lobby to feature rare birds in their lineup, it's always been that way. I just wish they still had a nice kit that they used to sell long ago called a "Klemm L-25D" by Klaus Krick models out of Germany. Just another rare one only at Hobby Lobby, gotta love'em.

Thanks for the heads up,........
May 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
I just love the "Regular" Cessna 182.

Thinking about converting a CMP Cessna to electric. There just so beautiful.

-Jay
May 19, 2006, 05:27 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Very cool, one of my favorites. I guess this is actually the 336, since the gear is fixed. I may have to have one of these. The price is right, for all that is included. It looks better than the 182 to me, might be the stickers.
Ryan
May 20, 2006, 06:38 AM
Thread OP
Description at Hobby-Lobby saids 5 servos installed and the stock battery is 9 cell. Most ESC can only handle 2 servos at 9 cell. I wonder why Hobby-Lobby did not list a separate BEC as requirement?
May 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
Off we go.............
Yeah that's a good question, indeed one needs a better bec than usual with more than 3 servos. Though I have to also consider that only four of those will be under any load for 99% of the time. as it looks to me as if the fifth servo is just for the nose gear steering alone but not much detail on it in the ad.

What im also concerened with is just what type/brand of servos are supplied, and I can only assume they are standard 3 wire units and not the 4 or 5 wire cheapies such as is found in PZ planes.
I'd be interested in alot more detail on the plug-in connectors on the wing too, I like he concept.
May 20, 2006, 01:01 PM
IWC
IWC
I wish HL would put the instructions on a PDF format and make them available to customers. What is there to hide? It would be nice to see what you are getting.

See Carl Goldberg Products as a reference.
May 20, 2006, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Ahhhh the Skymaster, my favorite of Cessna's twins besides the 310.)
Yeah the 337 is a bulletproof design. One of Cessna's true success's. Just make sure that your David Clarks or Softcoms are snugg on your ears. Otherwise you'll go deaf!

Randy
May 21, 2006, 09:35 AM
Off we go.............
Rodger that Randy, yeah we gotta have this one no doubt. And I will have to look into refinishng it in the O2-A military version, would make a good mate to my L-19 Bird dog.

Then I can pretend it's Danny Glover in the cockpit.

I have a fantastic 337 in my flightsim, and yes it is a very noisy cockpit with engines fore & aft of you. The flightsim does it justice for sure. Here it is flying over Lake Cushman near Hoodsport Wa.
May 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
Hello all,

If you do a search on the web, you'll find more information on this kit. It's made by Sheng Teng Electric R/C Model Plane Company in China. This is their newest model and they are planning to release a P-51 and P-38. They have their manuals online for download, but the Skymaster manual is not there yet. They also have a video of the Skymaster in flight. On another note, this kit is selling for over $200US in Europe.

http://www.sheng-teng.com/Products-airplane.htm

Bob Fox
May 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninpofox
Hello all,

If you do a search on the web, you'll find more information on this kit. It's made by Sheng Teng Electric R/C Model Plane Company in China. This is their newest model and they are planning to release a P-51 and P-38. They have their manuals online for download, but the Skymaster manual is not there yet. They also have a video of the Skymaster in flight. On another note, this kit is selling for over $200US in Europe.

http://www.sheng-teng.com/Products-airplane.htm

Bob Fox

WOW! An almost RTF Foam P-38 at this size? That is what I have been waiting for!
May 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
It is worth watching the video to see if next time they will hit something. Almost got a light pole and a few other things.....LOVE the uncontrolled environment.

howell
May 21, 2006, 04:20 PM

Sheng Teng = Horrible

I own a Sheng Teng Cessna 182 and its horrible. About the equivalent of a Walkera in the heli world. They are cheap yes but made poorly and my 182 came with a broken wing.
Just a word of warning from me could be good other than what i have experienced.

kmbrown90
May 21, 2006, 08:48 PM
Off we go.............
China! Heh, I must have known already though on just the price alone.
Yeah quality isnt one of China's big things, their into numbers.............BIG numbers.

Still a good buy I suppose, if just for the rareness of the type I'll probably buy it. You know, just to have it huh?

So how were the electronics supplied on the 182? Good, bad, okay, ect.?
The servos I see at the website look very much like S-75 clones, as do the radio sets they have looking like clones of other brands,.,.............

I tell'ya though man, these Chinnese companies REALLY need to get a grip on the english language, or hire some good'ole boys who do.
May 22, 2006, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbrown90
I own a Sheng Teng Cessna 182 and its horrible. About the equivalent of a Walkera in the heli world. They are cheap yes but made poorly and my 182 came with a broken wing.
Just a word of warning from me could be good other than what i have experienced.

kmbrown90

From their website it seems like the 182 come with wings in two piece you have to glue them together yourself. I wonder how "broken" the wing is and if that is from shipping damage or is it repairable. I got broken wings from good expensive brand name companies too, but you can call customer support to return or replace it. Maybe you should try calling the seller first?

I think planes like this are quite forgiving to poor quality parts compared to helis. For the price I guess we cannot expect too much anyway? Plus the foamy is very easy to repair yourself.

Quick Reply