Sep 11, 2016, 04:58 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray foley
hi there from Toledo

I have some foamtac and I suppose it it worth a try. Thanks for video.

ciao -rjf
Foam glue works well, better than new.
I use UHU Por myself. It actually thins out a little and makes excellent hingelines.
I even run it along new foam hinges and it can barely be seen as it is transparent. Never had one let go.

Try it on some scrap and you will be convinced.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2016, 06:09 AM
New video with Maxi Swift. Great camera plane :-)

Maxi Swift over Orlicke hory (mountains) (5 min 17 sec)
Dec 14, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mito_77
Nice video ! Do you have some FPV equipment on your Maxi Swift ?
Dec 14, 2016, 11:38 AM
grmis: no, I haven't it. LOS flying only ;-)
Dec 19, 2016, 07:41 PM
volare est vivere
Hi there from Toledo

I was fiddling with my transmitter to get the throttle kill working and in retrospect reversed the elevator function of the elevon mix. To compound issues I did the newbie mistake of not checking all surfaces before launch. To cut to the matter, DORK landing at full speed from 4 meters up. Now there were two pieces of Maxi Swift.

Well, as mentioned before the MS has a fiber glass and Urethane varnish skin which split along the break in the EPP foam. However, FoamTack glue to the rescue. With some critical supports during the 24 hour drying process, it looks really good and some light FG to reinforce the split line, minor rebalancing, etc. We will be good to go next good flying day. Thanks FoamTack. Great stuff.

Happy Holidays ALL -rjf
Dec 19, 2016, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mito_77
Excellent video thank you. What cam?

You have a happy and safe one too Ray.^
Dec 20, 2016, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Excellent video thank you. What cam?

You have a happy and safe one too Ray.^
I use two kameras, SJcam4000 and Mobius V2 lens C ;-)
Dec 20, 2016, 03:21 AM
OK I have 2 SJ4000 cams and I changed the lenses in both to about 90 degrees.
They really work well.
Jul 28, 2017, 03:17 AM
Hi, here is my new video with Maxiswift. Great flying plane, about 1160grams, I love it.

Maxi Swift, Pilsen, 07/2017 (3 min 6 sec)
Oct 04, 2017, 07:22 PM
Resurrecting this old thread. RMRC had the Maxi Swift on the flat spin sale, picked one up cheap, I am sure I am not the only one.... Looking to build an old school, big old fpv ship.

Let's get this started!
Oct 05, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubb16
Resurrecting this old thread. RMRC had the Maxi Swift on the flat spin sale, picked one up cheap, I am sure I am not the only one.... Looking to build an old school, big old fpv ship.

Let's get this started!
I picked one up too! I will be keeping an eye on this thread.
Oct 06, 2017, 05:26 AM
UP!
... and here is my version without fins, covered with Icarex.
Tom
Oct 06, 2017, 06:33 AM
Oh boy, not again!!!
Mine arrived yesterday, just couldn't resist the sale price
At RMRC, 45 bucks for airframe and power package...
Thank you!
Dec 13, 2017, 06:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Me also I picked up 2 since they looked like a lot of fun. I got the suggested power pack also. I have a lot of reading to do the biggest plane I have so far has been a popwing sport at 900MM

Can I ask if the recommended CG ic close on these? I fought with the popwing to the point of deciding to rob the parts and hang it in the shop but found a thread that noted the CG in the guide and the product pages was off and although I was getting closer I needed to move it a lot closer. If I can start closer with this big of a wing it would be helpful since I am still very green.

Will be back reading this thread thanks for all that have gone before and documented their progress.

@pop.eye You had more self control that I did I bought at $47.43 still awsome in my book but several things I waited too long for and missed out.
Feb 12, 2018, 01:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
Getting set up, I have a lot of the hardware in place, LED's for late afternoon/dusk flying. Lots of carbon added just for good measure. I have it laminated and am ready to start getting the flight controller worked out.

I plan to set up INAV with a GPS and eventually OSD for FPV. I put 8 RGB LEDs mid wing on both left and right and then under the wings also. With the FC i hope to use them to do things like low battery and other things that are available to INAV. Also White Red and green on the wing front and the back of the wing tips so I can keep orientation at dusk.

I have had a lot of issues with finding CG correctly so I didn't cut in the battery bays. I plan to run a pair of batteries and will tape them on for the first flights until we can see how it flies and I can adjust things as needed. Then I will cut them in.

New baby in the house so this may be as far as it gets for a while. Just thought I would put in a pic as I go.

Thanks for all the good reading in this thread.

Quick Reply