May 15, 2006, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Wow, Just Wow

So I was just flying my HB Cp2, It was a great flight! I was going back and forth and fooling around with the negitive pitch bringing the heli downward and upward while pulling out of fff. When my tail goes out, The tubing that holds the blade on came off and the tail stopped spping. The helicopter pirouted out of control and I brought it down as softly as possible. The boom ripped off the frame not even giving the fuse enough time to burn! My main fuse burnt too. From a glance the damage is the main body, landing gear, blades, main gear and probally more.

The reason Im so pissed off is becuase it wasnt even pilot error!!! Darn that tubing! I would go dd but I dont have the money right now its going to be hard for my to even pull together the 40 bucks or w.e its going to cost to fix it. Has anyone had a problem like this?

And does anyone know a good place for parts helidirect is out of mostly everything.
Last edited by Puble23; May 15, 2006 at 03:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2006, 03:03 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Hey, no need to be using God's name in an inappropriate way but next time, you can use just a tad bit of CA on the little rubber piece of tubing for piece of mind. If you fly RC helicopters, mark it down one day youre going to wreck.
May 15, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Yea, I know that. I learned to fly on my corona and have had my deal of crashes... Do I need CA remover to get the peices off the tail boom that broke off from the frame?
May 15, 2006, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
Oh would the main-frame assembly include the tail boom and the tail motor holder? Thats how its pictured in both the Parts list and on Helidirect.
May 15, 2006, 03:22 PM
Yes, you can get the main frame and tail boom together as a set. I think it even comes with the wiring harness for the tail motor as part of the set.
May 15, 2006, 03:37 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Guess what, since my last post here, I went outside to fly my CP2 and guess what I did..........Wrecked....Whamm !!! Not a bad crash, I lost tailrotor also but mine was due to one of the wires comming loose on the Tail motor. Time to get out the soldering iron. Oh yes, one blade is toast and a broken landing gear. But my Jet Ranger body survived .
May 15, 2006, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Yea thats why its almost seems your better off spending the 1g on a trex se or something of that sort. For me personally the micros have more mechanical fualts than the larger birds. I think Im going to let mine sit for the next few weeks and buy the parts when helidirect has all of them in stock.
May 15, 2006, 05:28 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puble23
Yea thats why its almost seems your better off spending the 1g on a trex se or something of that sort. For me personally the micros have more mechanical fualts than the larger birds. I think Im going to let mine sit for the next few weeks and buy the parts when helidirect has all of them in stock.
I Think its all about the same and really I hear of less problems with the micros. The Trexs still have a problem with the tailrotors blowing apart while flying, glitching, Motors/Esc cutting out, etc... . The Loose-broken wire on my tail motor could have been caught if Id done a good preflight instead of running out to go and get the quick fix of heli flying. There is no way you can say that flying a larger model is cheaper. Alot of mechanical failures can be prevented by a good post flight and preflight inspection. I rarely crash and usually when I do it is a mechanical failure and on my part a lack of looking over my Helis for wear and tear. .
May 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
Thread OP
yea if its not pilot error its mechanical error. Always something thats gonna make you crash.
May 15, 2006, 06:53 PM
I put two peices of tubing on my TR shaft and that has kept the TR from loosening so far. I learned this after doing a series of fast pirouettes at about 50', when I stopped, it must have been too much for the one peice of tubing and the TR came loose causing the pirouette of death to the ground. I can now do as much pirouetting as I want with the two tubing peices and no problems so far. But the CA trick sounds like better insurance, just might be harder to get apart in the future.
May 15, 2006, 08:12 PM
Formerly P4 Hover
I have also seen ppl use a wheel collar, but that will lock the tail into the gear and likey strip it out or brake it when you hit somthing with it.

-Jon
May 15, 2006, 08:30 PM
I don't know, Darthdrk,

The tail motor wire coming off in flight on my blade cp was one of the reasons I got out of the blade altogether. In my experience, that is a symptom of tail motor going bad and is not predictable. That "feature" of the blade cp alone cost me well into three digits.

Granted I got a hundred or so flights in on the blade cp before selling it but my crash rate on the trex and hp 3dpros is much smaller, and knock on wood I have not crashed due to mechanical failure on my trex and two hummys at all in well over a hundred flights combined. I've had one wreck on the rex, and two tail strikes on the hummy's($3.95 crown gear and 15 minutes to repair) and spent maybe $50 on spares for the three of them vs. several hundred on parts for the blade. I'd say crash costs on the rex or the 3dpro are substantially less than a tipover on the blade cp. And because they are so much more controllable, you will crash less.

Get a 3dpro if you haven't tried one already. Bone stock it blows the blade away and I'm flying both of mine that way with a belt drive and all the metal upgrades sitting on a shelf right next to them. I feel a bit like a fool for having spent any money on blade parts now that I'm flying a 3dpro.
May 15, 2006, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
I don't know, Darthdrk,

The tail motor wire coming off in flight on my blade cp was one of the reasons I got out of the blade altogether. In my experience, that is a symptom of tail motor going bad and is not predictable. That "feature" of the blade cp alone cost me well into three digits.

Granted I got a hundred or so flights in on the blade cp before selling it but my crash rate on the trex and hp 3dpros is much smaller, and knock on wood I have not crashed due to mechanical failure on my trex and two hummys at all in well over a hundred flights combined. I've had one wreck on the rex, and two tail strikes on the hummy's($3.95 crown gear and 15 minutes to repair) and spent maybe $50 on spares for the three of them vs. several hundred on parts for the blade. I'd say crash costs on the rex or the 3dpro are substantially less than a tipover on the blade cp. And because they are so much more controllable, you will crash less.

Get a 3dpro if you haven't tried one already. Bone stock it blows the blade away and I'm flying both of mine that way with a belt drive and all the metal upgrades sitting on a shelf right next to them. I feel a bit like a fool for having spent any money on blade parts now that I'm flying a 3dpro.
Once I put a brushless motor in the tail of my BCP it flew great... and reliably.

Puble23,

Go DD with a brushless tail and you will love your CP2
May 16, 2006, 06:27 AM
Another good point luckyduc, till you go brushless on the tail and main with a bcp, you could have have an rtf 3dpro with tx and quality components all around. For just over $400 you can have a brand new 3dpro, brushless, separates, spektrum dx6, and some aftermarket lipos.

I don't think you could do a bcp brushless all around for that, and you'd still be stuck with that radio and the 4 in 1. And you still wouldnt have a driven tail. I've done it both ways and its a no brainer.
May 16, 2006, 08:43 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
I must be lucky cause I havent experienced as many problems alot of people write about. I havent had to replace any of my motors. I burnt a 4-1 up but that was my fault, put a battery connector lead on wrong once and shorted the 4-1. After over a hundred flights or so, Im now starting to see some servo slop.mabey replaced a couple of frames and landing gear. I havent gone brushless and I may do one just to do it. Taking off a scale body from time to time I do put on the stock canopy and do some really agressive flying, Loops, rolls...

Quick Reply