Model Plane Crash Kills Two In Hungary - Page 9 - RC Groups
May 20, 2006, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxman
But let us all get away from constantly looking for some one to blame, it was caused by a series of coincidences that could not be predicted just like most accidents of any type.
I feel so much better now that I know that no matter what we do we can not try and make things safer for anyone. And here we are wasting our time trying to figure out how things can be made safer for everyone in this hobby/sport. Thank you pentaxman for your enlightenment on this subject. I'm sure the relatives of the people killed and everyone involved in this tragic event all feel better now knowing that there is nothing that could be done to prevent this from happening in the future.

It's defeatist attitudes like that that make things unsafe for everyone. Accidents happen and thats all there is to it. Man I feel so much better. Maybe we should all learn to duck faster.

Hey pentaxman I know we can't make predictions but let me try and make one " If we do nothing this type of accident will happen over an over again" Oh but you know what.... it's just a accident. Don't worry about it.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2006, 10:55 AM
Old Timer
Answer 2.4 gig. (Spektrum)
May 20, 2006, 11:41 AM
Air Mail

I am not going to get into an argument with you since this is not what I view this hobby to be about.

Maybe, unlike you, I know exactly what the pilot (and to some extent the families) is going through right now having been involved in a fatal accident but not involving a plane in my experience.

They will be looking at all the "what ifs" that they can find.
What if he had not flown?
What if the people were not there?
What if he had a different frequency?
what if he had not flown so long?
What if he had flown a few minutes earlier?

Believe me there are so many "what ifs" that you could not even imagine them.
I really feel for people like him who have done every thing possible to enjoy his hobby safely and things have conspired against them.

I guess from your attitude that you have never had any accidents?
You never fly in a slightly dodgy way or push your limits?
You always run a frequency checker while you are flying?
You have never flown over people or property?
Everything in your world is done perfectly 100% of the time?

I made a comment which I will stand by because that is what I believe.
I do not expect to be attacked by you for it.
I have yet to see you make a constructive comment as to how this could have been PREVENTED - a scanner in this incidence is of no use.

Read your comment in post #93.
You are looking to blame someone, and that whatever you do is safer than what everyone else does.

I had forgotten why I very rarely visit this site.
You have reminded me of just why that is.

I doubt I shall be coming back here again - and as a seasoned modeller I wonder how many others have been put off by people with attitudes like yours.
May 20, 2006, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=pentaxman]Air Mail

Maybe, unlike you, I know exactly what the pilot (and to some extent the families) is going through right now having been involved in a fatal accident but not involving a plane in my experience.[QUOTE

pentaxman, Unlike you, I know EXACTLY what the Family is going through. And I hope for your sake you did not do something that was glossy negligent on your part to cost somebody there life. That would be a very hard thing to live with.

If you think that posting on this forum and trying to get us to believe that accidents just happen is going to absolve you of any wrong doing you have been involved in, you are wrong.

Accidents happen because of a series of events. If you can interrupt any of these the out come will be different. Hopefully in a positive way.

I feel sorry for you as I do for the pilot and anyone involved in a tragic event. I'm not trying to lay blame on any one person, but when it comes down to it there is going to be one person who could have (and should have) made a difference in the way things turned out.

I think I made a few good suggestions. You don't seem to think so, for your own reasons I'm sure. You on the other hand said nothing could be done. You said that a scanner would not have made a difference. How can you be so sure. Just because YOU say so. Man, If only I could be so sure.

If you chose to not come back to this forum that is up to you. Don't try and lay blame on me for expressing my views.
May 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
Admins, as the thread starter I have no problem with you guys closing this thread if it is going to degenerate into a flame fest.

My initial request for more information has been fulfilled.

Thanks for all the replies!
May 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
Given up counting
Quote:
Originally Posted by manse
Admins, as the thread starter I have no problem with you guys closing this thread if it is going to degenerate into a flame fest.

My initial request for more information has been fulfilled.

Thanks for all the replies!
Actually manse, as the thread starter you can do that. All you have to do is click "thread tools" and then choose close thread (the last option) and click the button. You don't need an admin for that
May 21, 2006, 07:47 PM
It's hot here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu157
Might want to read the whole thread over if you intend on slamming the pilot. It went into lock mode, noone can do anything about that. Wait for all the information to come in before you start picking at things that strongly, same goes especially for you Dogzilla. Model aircraft and full scale aircraft are on entirely different levels. If you think that just because someone has an accident that's all you need to declare they're a poor pilot, shame on you. People could have very easily "declared" it murder if they were so inclinded. From the looks of the in flight video, and from what has been reported about his flight experience, it sounds like he was one of the few that gets to fly often enough to know his model more than well.

Anyone remember the Olympic Bombings in 2000? The guy who didn't do it lost his job, lost his family and friends, people sensationalized and pulled ideas about the poor guy from their and he wasn't even the bomber, he was just pointing out a suspicious package and boom. There are still nutjobs out there who think he did it. Don't accuse the pilot of anything yet, innocent till proven guilty, and it's pretty clear at this point there's not much of anything going against him. While murder and incompetance are not nearly on the same plane, you should have a very good knowledge of what I and others are trying to discourage.

I don't know if I should or shouldn't be surprised that the pilot got arrested immediately, and had a bail set... glad they appologized to him. Standard proceedure for that country I guess? I can't say that's what would happen in America, what about U.K. and Canada or anyplace else?

It sounds like that country has some serious issues with regulating their frequency control.

Uh, let's not go there just yet... that's really pushing it!
It was in 1996 actually.....Atlanta.