May 12, 2006, 04:58 PM
God is good
Thread OP
Discussion

For all of those who like to bash the U.S.

If this country is sooooo bad, then why are so many trying to come here from other countries???

Some data
May 12, 2006, 08:16 PM
Closed Account
Looks like nobody's trying to immigrate to West Virginia.
May 12, 2006, 08:34 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Because they can bitch without getting shot or thrown in jail...
U know all the illegals protesting was an eye opener..
But i'm white and keep my mouth shut for fear of being a racist... JOKES!
May 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
Really?
Many Europeans no longer want to come here, the Irish in particular. 100 years ago, they came in DROVES.
May 13, 2006, 04:29 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Pilot
If this country is sooooo bad, then why are so many trying to come here from other countries???

Some data
They could be from various countries that have been destroyed by US foriegn policy in the past 30 years.

Colonise the colonisers!
May 13, 2006, 06:14 AM
We certainly wouldn't want to live in the US. It's not even on our list of places to visit anymore, now that they've started fingerprinting and photographing everyone who comes in. As a foreign visitor on holiday, I think I deserve to be treated with a bit of dignity, and respect; not as a criminal, in the same way that I'll treat the country I'm visiting with dignity and respect.
We took a holiday in South America last year - we could have flown via the US (with a US airline) and spend a few days there on the way over, or the way back, or both, visitng different cities. That was certainly an option which we looked at., and we did that the last time we visited South America. Instead this time we flew direct from Europe on a European airline.

Now that the present US administration has removed the welcome mat for visitors on holiday, we won't be going there anymore. Sorry.
May 13, 2006, 06:25 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
Many Europeans no longer want to come here, the Irish in particular. 100 years ago, they came in DROVES.

I Pick up a Irish couple not to long ago hitching out of new Orleans
I didn’t ask them for there papers
But I did drive them to a shelter...

There here and in larger numbers then you might think
Don’t know much about Ohio...
I mean they have good food coffee jazz, blues a slacker culture?

New Orleans is like a magnet for these folks..

They don't have the same mindset of there fathers 100 years ago

Most of the one's I meet a little 80s tune goes of in my head

Singing
My europeans wants to party all the time party all the time...
May 13, 2006, 07:19 AM
Trampling out the vintage
Nobody really says the U.S. is soooo bad. Use of the phrase and many others like it ('liberals hate america" etc.) is a crude attempt to demonize those who oppose present U.S. policy. The technique is invariably used by those who support the policies.
May 13, 2006, 07:52 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
That's pretty much the same point I was going to make. This whole thread is based on a shameless strawman argument.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
May 13, 2006, 08:57 AM
Maybe a shock, NORITE, but I don't give a flip whether you come or not. Just for giggles, though, where are you from? So I can make a big deal out of not going there, either. England, maybe?

howell
May 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Yeah, he's sure missing a lot by not visiting the exotic tropical paradise of Beaumont, Texas.

It doesn't matter where he lives because the Bush administration is offending tourists from everywhere, and it makes a bit more difference to the economy of my neighborhood than it does to yours.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
May 13, 2006, 09:49 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932

100 (and 100+) years ago they were coming as indentured workers working on the railroads, mines, canals, etc.
May 13, 2006, 10:02 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by norite
We certainly wouldn't want to live in the US. It's not even on our list of places to visit anymore, now that they've started fingerprinting and photographing everyone who comes in. As a foreign visitor on holiday, I think I deserve to be treated with a bit of dignity, and respect; not as a criminal, in the same way that I'll treat the country I'm visiting with dignity and respect.
We took a holiday in South America last year - we could have flown via the US (with a US airline) and spend a few days there on the way over, or the way back, or both, visitng different cities. That was certainly an option which we looked at., and we did that the last time we visited South America. Instead this time we flew direct from Europe on a European airline.

Hope you had a great time in South America
They do need it more then we do
The future devolvement of that part of America is a key interest of we North Americans
We hope to see it flourish over the next 100 years …it is a diamond in the ruff..

I have my own little personal boycott of France has been going on for some 5 years now
I know it's not much but the last B2B meeting I went to I think we where at the 100 million dollar mark
I know it's chump change…But I do understand the power of Money and I keep a Promise..
May 13, 2006, 04:37 PM
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
100 (and 100+) years ago they were coming as indentured workers working on the railroads, mines, canals, etc.
Most of them came in hopes of more work than where they were from. That's not a problem anymore.

Quick Reply