Thread Tools
May 07, 2006, 03:49 PM
Laser Cutter
Build Log

P-51 Build


Hi, All

Here are the plans for our P-51. It is made from 6mm Depron. As you can see from the photo the wing is low and is gusseted to the stiffener. It flys well the only thing that I would do on the next one I build will be to add some 1/2" triangle to the back of the fuse that is the weak point. We will have kits up on our web site next week.
P-51 full size sheet P-51 Tiled Stop by Depron Laser Cuting
Last edited by gguidi; May 07, 2006 at 06:25 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2006, 02:35 PM
JAM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
JAM's Avatar
You can find this in the free foamies thread also......plan #57........it looks really sweet.

JAM
May 14, 2006, 04:39 PM
aka RAMTech-RC
Does it come pre-printed like that?
May 14, 2006, 07:56 PM
Use the Force!
LBMiller5's Avatar
Would it be possible to change your PDF files so all the lines are black. It would be much easier to plot that way!

The yellow on the fuselage does not show up well at all.

Thanks!

Lucien
May 15, 2006, 06:07 PM
Laser Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBMiller5
Would it be possible to change your PDF files so all the lines are black. It would be much easier to plot that way!

The yellow on the fuselage does not show up well at all.

Thanks!

Lucien
I will try to post the illustrator file soon.
Jun 13, 2006, 10:35 AM
Callsign: Jolly Roger
MyDigitalParadis's Avatar
I have converted the file to black and white but would like permission from Depron Laser Cutting's rep before I post it.
Jun 15, 2006, 06:56 PM
Callsign: Jolly Roger
MyDigitalParadis's Avatar
I asked and received permission to post these plans that I have converted to black and white. These are full size prints as I've not yet made tiled versions. I have a large format printer so the need to use tiles isn't formost for me when I'm working.
Jun 24, 2006, 05:55 AM
Z25
Z25
Registered User

How to build


Hi There

Has anyone build this plane yet, and more so are willing to guide one through the process step by step. I just love this plane, and would really like to build one.
Jun 28, 2006, 09:22 PM
Registered User

Building in process


Quote:
Originally Posted by Z25
Hi There

Has anyone build this plane yet, and more so are willing to guide one through the process step by step. I just love this plane, and would really like to build one.
I am currently building this airplane to fly combat.... It is built of 6mm Depron foam and a carbon fiber spar.
The motor and speed control being used is a inexpensive towerpro combo (2408-21 motor and a 15 amp speed control). This motor combo provides a suprisingly powerful 23+ oz thrust as tested on a test stand with a 7"x5" prop.
This model is also planned to have landing gear.
I will post pics soon.....
romeodz
Jun 29, 2006, 03:32 PM
Callsign: Jolly Roger
MyDigitalParadis's Avatar
I've not built mine yet but hope to soon. Biggest problem is time of course. Would love to have build pictures of yours as you go along. I'm going to do the same on mine to make a build guide for our local clubs site as many of us build for combat. (totalled two planes doine combat so far this month ) Time to build number three (Hopefully this week.)
Jul 02, 2006, 05:58 PM
Laser Cutter

Flying combat


Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDigitalParadis
I've not built mine yet but hope to soon. Biggest problem is time of course. Would love to have build pictures of yours as you go along. I'm going to do the same on mine to make a build guide for our local clubs site as many of us build for combat. (totalled two planes doine combat so far this month ) Time to build number three (Hopefully this week.)
We have a delta wing we use for combat. It is very tough and easy to repair after a head on.
Depron Laser Cutting
Jul 02, 2006, 06:49 PM
Registered User
EricJ320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguidi
It is very tough and easy to repair after a head on.
So which is it....tough or easy?!

Just playing with your wording! Anyway, I looked at your combat bird, but I wanted something that at least resembled a warbird. I am building this P-51 identical to Romeodz's, then it should only come down to skillz as to who eats dirt! Your going down my friend!!!

Eric
Dec 07, 2006, 04:16 AM
Registered User
so what happened to this ? anyone build this ? any pics of this ?
Dec 07, 2006, 04:37 AM
Crash Master
Gene Bond's Avatar
The real question is what happened to Gary Guidi? His site does not show any of our kits, any more... My last several contact attempts were in vain. I guess he didn't make it. Oh well, just another lesson learned!
Jan 08, 2007, 10:39 AM
Registered User

Pics soon


Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeev
so what happened to this ? anyone build this ? any pics of this ?
Well, I have re-started this airplane again. Installed the landing gear and radio. (minus control rods and battery) Still not sure to the battery's exact placement.
Hopefully to post pic in the next day or two... again
Last edited by romeodz; Jan 08, 2007 at 08:13 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Suggestions on P-51 Build. Skonkworkstexas GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 1 Jan 22, 2006 11:33 AM
Min P-51 build intermision Foamies (Kits) 0 Dec 03, 2004 01:21 PM
JKA P-51 Build J Morgan Foamies (Kits) 40 Sep 06, 2004 11:47 PM
Questions on LEG P-51 build NSIX Slope 6 Apr 21, 2004 09:48 PM
GWS P-51 Build NoMercy Parkflyers 16 May 03, 2003 08:27 PM