May 04, 2006, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HL Yak 55 problem/solution, funny

Well, it is a beautiful day here in Maine. It's turkey season, the black flies are attacking in squadrons so I went out for a fly. First was by severely battle scared 2dog Toni61 aka flying epoxy gob. Well I don't know how to attach "taps" so just hum it and salute a veteran.

Now the funny stuff. Well sad to as it was the second total of the day but I try to look in the brighter side of things . I am getting better and I do know which tree has the strongest plane magnet built in. Next post will be back at base Hermit
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2006, 01:28 PM
WOOOOsssSSSShhHH !!
I thought maybe you were gonna blast the sourrounding branches !!

Your an animal !!! hahha

Thats why its nice to have a plinking gun like a .25 .

Spar~
May 04, 2006, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitRiver
Ok, it was a HL Yak 55 with a XT400 and I had some control, not enough to stay away from the magnet tree Anyway, back at base and report from "damage control central"
Hermit....You are a very funny guy! I personally would have used my 20 gauge....less damage you know?.....but still the same outcome......This is where I live when I'm not taking care of my parents. As you can see a great oportunity for getting planes stuck or crashed into pine trees and shoot'n planes out of pines............. You bring the shell's...........I got da beer.....

[IMG][/IMG]
May 04, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow1717
I thought maybe you were gonna blast the sourrounding branches !!

Your an animal !!! hahha

Thats why its nice to have a plinking gun like a .25 .

Spar~

Yup! Animal is one of my traits I tried to blast the branches but the birdshot was no match for the branch. I didn't want to shoot in the air with anything higher than a shotgun or I would have used my AK full auto and a 75 round drum! That would have cut the branch and is much more controlable than most would think I do have lots of plinking guns like these , Yes all are legal, I hold the proper license to manufacturer NFA items. Hermit
May 04, 2006, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchAir
Hermit....You are a very funny guy! I personally would have used my 20 gauge....less damage you know?.....but still the same outcome......This is where I live when I'm not taking care of my parents. As you can see a great oportunity for getting planes stuck or crashed into pine trees and shoot'n planes out of pines............. You bring the shell's...........I got da beer.....

[IMG][/IMG]
2much,, Yea, lets fly at that cabin looks great for aerial rescues! Hmm, had a 20 and a 28 too. Oh well, done deed I may wind up in AZ and we can try it. Wife has a job offer in Yuma when she is done nursing school in about 1.5 years. The headhunters are after her to work for them already. She's Deans list at the university, phi cappa phi nationwide honor society etc. I'm just a tad "different" Hermit
May 04, 2006, 02:35 PM
Too little play time...
Dang I'm glad to know there are other gun nuts... err... I mean firearms enthusiasts on this board! Seems you have a fine collection!

My gun hobby has certainly taken a back seat to my R/C addiction. I am a LEO so they have basically become mere tools of the trade minus some competitive shooting here and there.

So far, though, I have yet to have to put one of my planes out of their misery in such a violent fashion!

Here is my AR and my last purchase, an AK folder. I had to buy it after the ban sunset since it is the most evil of all "assault rifles."

Take care and stay away from trees!
May 04, 2006, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrrEagle!
Dang I'm glad to know there are other gun nuts... err... I mean firearms enthusiasts on this board! Seems you have a fine collection!

My gun hobby has certainly taken a back seat to my R/C addiction. I am a LEO so they have basically become mere tools of the trade minus some competitive shooting here and there.

So far, though, I have yet to have to put one of my planes out of their misery in such a violent fashion!

Here is my AR and my last purchase, an AK folder. I had to buy it after the ban sunset since it is the most evil of all "assault rifles."

Take care and stay away from trees!
Warrr.. Yes I have been called a gun nut quite often. Mostly by the 18 politicians in this state I constantly write and ream. I deal with Leos alot, demo is part of my job. My lisense is a 07FFL class 2 SOT. I can build anything except destructive devices (explosives over 1/4 oz, grenades, howitzer) although for an additional license I can do that too, only license grade I don't have. I have full auto available for sale or demo to Police agencies, cans and can get "transferable" full auto for public and of course have lots of semis for sale. Look in the last page of the Squirt400 thread and my AK 47, Polish PMKMS underfolder, full auto of course. Nice AR you have there too I have a 1992 Colt "competition sporter match" model. I also have a can for that. I build AK, AR, FnFAL, 1911's... I am trying to scratch the bucks for a shortie 11.5" AR with my can, quad rails and goodies. Be careful out there on the job, mucho crazies. People wonder why I carry a 1911 and a full auto AK close by. Maybe they haven't seen some of what we have. Hermit www.hermitriver.com

Quick Reply