Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 28, 2006, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sad notice- Phil Kraft!

Today I read on SAM:

Phil Kraft passed away April 9, 2006.

Phil was a example for us in Brazil, the Ugly Stick continues has one of the best models ever.
Kraft radios are reliables until this days, and all the contrubuition of Phil Kraft changes for ever the face of modeling.

Those models on the photos below are a litle tribute to Phil memory.

Cebola
Brazil
Last edited by Cebola; Apr 28, 2006 at 05:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2006, 06:41 PM
Phil Kraft came to the 1972 Australian Nationals, and we found him to be a very nice person.
Vale Phil Kraft, RIP.
Apr 28, 2006, 10:46 PM
Phil was very active in AMA F/F Gas classes in the 50's - 1/2A through D - and his designs are flown today in Nostalgia.

Much prettier airplanes than the Stiks', too!
Apr 29, 2006, 06:05 AM
I only met Phil Kraft once, at the 1972 Australian Nats in Geelong, as Gossie mentioned My wife Anne was the only female competitor and she and Phil were both interviewed on a sports program onthe local radio station.
Phil sure left us a legacy of modelling.
John O'Sullivan
Apr 29, 2006, 08:08 AM
Electric Hippy
Funny, but a few weeks ago I got a hankering to build another super fli. A Phil Kraft design that he built full size.

R.I.P. Phil.
Apr 29, 2006, 03:01 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Met Phil years ago as a kid in a little hobby shop in Vista, Ca. Gave my brother and I advice on what balsa to buy for a small Free Flight model. Years later I met him again at a meet here in AZ. He remembered the meeting years past and when I told him I was building one of his designs he let me fly his plane. One of the BEST and will surely be missed.

God Speed Phil Kraft.
May 01, 2006, 07:43 AM
In the Dunes
Phil Kraft was a guy who seemed to know instinctively what the RC hobby needed and was able to provide it. The Ugly Stik is a great example - a quick, easy build that was (is) fun to fly. The many variations on the design only reinforce the greatness of the original. He will be sorely missed.

papermache
May 03, 2006, 03:51 PM
Even though I never got to meet Mr. Kraft, without him, I probably wouldnt be flying today!!

In 1984ish, as a teen, my father was interested in flying. I always liked planes and thought it would be great. But after seeing the trainers(Dragonflys, Long Cabins, and Zyphers) I thought flying would be boring. Thats when the Sweet Stik was pulled out. Blue with orange and yellow trim and an OS 40 S.F.!! I saw it fly and was hooked. They told me when I learned to fly with a trainer I could move to a Stik and I have been flying every since. I have had Lil, Sweet, and Ugly Stiks and loved them all. As a foamie flyer now, I have a small Foamie made from scaled down plans!

Thanks Mr. Kraft for the best all around fun flyer ever made. God Speed to you Sir.
May 03, 2006, 07:09 PM
victim of the system
Thru the late 60's my dream as a boy was to one day own a Kraft Gold Series 6 channel radio system...then I was learning on a galloping ghost in a Falcon 56 with a K&B .40....as I worked part time jobs and help from my dad I moved on to PCS system and then finally had a Kraft gold series....proportional radio control at it's finest ...A pioneer and a pusher of our addictions to this day....Long live Phil Kraft....Tom

Quick Reply