May 31, 2013, 02:56 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Wasn't it like UHU POR, or something like that?
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2013, 03:29 PM
Greediest Suer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enemy
I think that is close enough.
May 31, 2013, 04:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Boy, that's close if it isn't right. Corey.... why don't you start reading this entire thread.... until you find it. lol What's new up there? Still cold?

Buzz
Jun 01, 2013, 08:27 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Not cold at all... Yesterday was 98% humidity and almost 90*F!

Searching the part 28 came up with a mention of UHU Creativ.... That "search this thread" thingy comes in handy!

Got some flying in with a Stryker and F450 Quad yesterday... But much too windy for a Tigermoth.

Corey
Jun 01, 2013, 10:24 AM

Gorilla Glue

If you use Gorilla Glue or any other Polyurethane glue, PLEASE READ THE LABEL.
These glues are HAZARDOUS if you get them on your SKIN. The unreacted components absorb into your skin. Wearing gloves is a pain in the butt, but better than having long term health problems that you can't figure out why you have. When I got back into building model airplanes, I met a guy who couldn't even be in the same room with uncured epoxy resin without breaking out with itchy red skin bumps and blisters. Prior to that he didn't worry about getting epoxy on his hands, then one day he started reacting to it and couldn't use it any more. I think the health warnings on uncured urethane glues are more serious than on the epoxy resin and hardener.
Also, if you don't use it up, urethane glue will harden in the bottle after a few years. It's a great adhesive and molding material, just please be careful.
Fly safe and happy!
Jun 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Not cold at all... Yesterday was 98% humidity and almost 90*F!

Searching the part 28 came up with a mention of UHU Creativ.... That "search this thread" thingy comes in handy!

Got some flying in with a Stryker and F450 Quad yesterday... But much too windy for a Tigermoth.

Corey
Wow.... it's hotter up there than it is here! You actually searched for it? That must be it then. You were there when we were all using it.
Jun 02, 2013, 10:26 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntstringflier
These glues are HAZARDOUS if you get them on your SKIN. The unreacted components absorb into your skin. Wearing gloves is a pain in the butt, but better than having long term health problems that you can't figure out why you have. When I got back into building model airplanes, I met a guy who couldn't even be in the same room with uncured epoxy resin without breaking out with itchy red skin bumps and blisters. Prior to that he didn't worry about getting epoxy on his hands, then one day he started reacting to it and couldn't use it any more. I think the health warnings on uncured urethane glues are more serious than on the epoxy resin and hardener.
Also, if you don't use it up, urethane glue will harden in the bottle after a few years. It's a great adhesive and molding material, just please be careful.
Fly safe and happy!
I may not have long to live then! If it's so hazardous, why don't they print it so you don't need a telescope to read it? Good information!

Buzz
Jun 03, 2013, 09:48 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
If anyone is looking for a yellow TM with the Pico Brushed Motor, there is one in the Electric Planes for sale. If no one else gets it, I will. There is also a white one further back. Just for your info.
Jun 03, 2013, 04:00 PM
did a little maintenance today on mine. stock LG is wearing out the foam. dropped a small lexan piece in to alleviate that hopefully
Jun 03, 2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim
did a little maintenance today on mine. stock LG is wearing out the foam. dropped a small lexan piece in to alleviate that hopefully
I sandwich the landing gear between 2 pieces of plastic. Use plastic glue and it melts the plastic around the gear wire. Works great.
Jun 05, 2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntstringflier
Fly safe and happy!
Totally agreed !
Besides, please take great care when using any CA glue, it's much better NOT to apply any CA glue at indoor. In my idea CA will soon make your lungs unhappy if you always use it at your room.
Last edited by twn Chen; Jun 05, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Jun 05, 2013, 10:24 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim
I cut a piece of carbon tube in half and glue each piece into the LG slots on the bottom of the fuse. A little bend in the bridge on the LG wire allows the difference in width, and also makes a great place for my wires to run through.

Corey
Jun 05, 2013, 10:30 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
I cut a piece of carbon tube in half and glue each piece into the LG slots on the bottom of the fuse. A little bend in the bridge on the LG wire allows the difference in width, and also makes a great place for my wires to run through.

Corey
After that part, I will use a little strip of yellow seam binding tape on the outside over that area (soaked with ca or epoxy) which adds little weight and a lot of strength. TM will break in that area. Just a thought.
Jun 06, 2013, 12:31 PM
Un-waxed dental floss wrapped a few times around both legs of the LG wire right at the bends where they exit the fuse and splay outward and soaked with ca (I do this as a matter of course with ALL similar LG wire designs ) keeps from splitting fuse sides when LG wires spread a little (or a LOT ) on landing.
Wes
Jun 06, 2013, 03:45 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoostrey
Un-waxed dental floss wrapped a few times around both legs of the LG wire right at the bends where they exit the fuse and splay outward and soaked with ca (I do this as a matter of course with ALL similar LG wire designs ) keeps from splitting fuse sides when LG wires spread a little (or a LOT ) on landing.
Wes
That is a must do for sure.

Quick Reply