GWS Tiger Moth Thread - Part 29 - Page 847 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
I don't imagine that I'll be flying either of my TM's during the winter.....unless there's a gym that becomes available. October/November are transitional months around here.....slush covered ground.....the lakes and ponds haven't frozen over to a safe thickness yet. I have the skis ready for all my glow planes but I'm going to miss the slow, gentle flights of the Tiger Moths.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
No, Buzz.....you read it correctly! I will reiterate........I have nothing against a pink TM. (Just to set the record straight.)
Hah! I wasn't talking about the plane. I'm still laughing!
Oct 19, 2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
I know you weren't!
Oct 19, 2012, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I used to have an .049 with throttle control. You controlled the throttle by moving a ring around the exhaust port. That slowly closed the exhaust port and forced the engine to run slower. They worked well.... but a fuel powered TM is just not right.
It's sacrilege!

Buzz
Lets see, it is going on cold weather. With my glow I had to take plane, fuel, tx, starting battery, and plane caddy out into the cold. Fill plane with fuel outdoors gets hands cold. After flying clean plane before going indoors where it is warm. Now with electic I put battery in plane indoors, grab tx and go fly. Land plane and hurry indoors to get warm, take battery out.
Oct 19, 2012, 03:36 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by degreen60
Lets see, it is going on cold weather. With my glow I had to take plane, fuel, tx, starting battery, and plane caddy out into the cold. Fill plane with fuel outdoors gets hands cold. After flying clean plane before going indoors where it is warm. Now with electic I put battery in plane indoors, grab tx and go fly. Land plane and hurry indoors to get warm, take battery out.
I think if I lived where you do... I'd put a glow plug in both gloves,, then hook them to your starter battery. .....
Oct 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
hah! I wasn't talking about the plane.
d.o.m. !!



rd
Oct 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
d.o.m. !!



rd
No, I'm not! Besides he started it.
Don't make me drive over there..................
Oct 19, 2012, 05:30 PM
Registered User
Gentlemen! We'll have none of that!
Oct 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Gentlemen! We'll have none of that!
lol... Doug and I are very close friends. We take a jab at one another whenever get the chance. He's flown one of his Tiger Moths 1500 ft high... he carries a little recording altimeter in it.
Oct 19, 2012, 05:58 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar

Oh No!


It finally happened. I crashed the 25ft moth today.

I was flying at the sports complex, so I had plenty of room... but something broke.
I was at a full 25' and it suddenly banked hard right and went into the grass.
It went in nose first... which broke the motor stick... but I can epoxy it back together with enough down thrust to match the same angle it had. Broke off the top of the rudder too.... but that's an easy fix. She'll be airworthy in a day or so.

Buzz
Low Flying Expert
Oct 19, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
lol... Doug and I are very close friends. We take a jab at one another whenever get the chance.
I sensed that........I was just "playing it up" to add a little tension for those "not in the know."
Sorry to hear that your skills weren't up to the task of flying the 25ft TM......next time maybe?
Oct 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
If your Moth, once repaired, flys higher then 25 feet, you will be excommunicated!! Be so warned!!



RD
Oct 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
Registered User
First time in three weeks that there exists a possibility of flying outdoors and I get my stuff ready to take out to the car and in rolls a fog bank so thick I can't see 10 feet in front of me!!!!
Oct 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
I sensed that........I was just "playing it up" to add a little tension for those "not in the know."
Sorry to hear that your skills weren't up to the task of flying the 25ft TM......next time maybe?
No, the push rod for the rudder came off. lmao..... skills? My dog can fly a Tiger Moth!
Oct 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
First time in three weeks that there exists a possibility of flying outdoors and I get my stuff ready to take out to the car and in rolls a fog bank so thick I can't see 10 feet in front of me!!!!

See what happens when you make fun of others? LMAO!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GWS Tiger Moth thread - Part 28 Ozprey Parkflyers 2388 Apr 28, 2006 02:10 AM
GWS Tiger Moth story - Part 9 Martin Hunter Parkflyers 547 Jan 01, 2004 08:32 PM
GWS Tiger Moth Story - Part 9 The Enemy Parkflyers 2 Dec 18, 2003 10:21 PM
GWS Tiger Moth Story - Part 8 The Enemy Parkflyers 566 Dec 18, 2003 10:11 PM
GWS Tiger Moth Story - Part 7 The Enemy Parkflyers 521 Dec 05, 2003 12:01 AM