Jan 26, 2007, 08:28 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I have thought a time or two of trying to make a lighter smaller one kind of like a personal Pizza. Powered by a Tigermoth IPS or small brushless. Something that would use the lighter smaller lilpo packs and be able to fly slower and in smaller places.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
Looking for lift
Hi All,

Gotta quick question for those with TM400 experience. I've read several posts recomending an additional strut/spar thingy to strengthen the top wing. If I plan on using kevlar wing wires will this still be needed???

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Dave
Jan 27, 2007, 01:37 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
What's wrong with foamies Tom?

K.
Hey Kitty, sorry I have been busy all day. I got in a nice 3.5 hour outing on my Scooter! I love that thing! I drove it down to the dealer today so that they can put the trunk on it for me. Then I had some other running around to do, as well as try to find a Bluetooth headset for my helmet. Wish that I had a full face helmet today, the 3/4 with face shield was a little cold.

She just does not like the way that the foamies look for whatever reason. She can be kinda snooty when it comes to certain things like that. However she loves that Moth. No moth flying this year at the AZ Electric fest for me, I cracked the wing on it, next year it is on tho.
Jan 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987tc
Here you go! Comes with a eps 350 GWS motor. Flies GREAT on brushless power! It is maid by GWS.
Wes
Darn it! We ordered Chinese last night. It's going to be harder to find the c/g on fried rice!
Jan 27, 2007, 10:39 AM
Crash tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsyr
What sort of differential (and how much) did you program in for the KB?

Doug
Totaly missed this question yesterday, sorry. I spent yet another vacation day flying!

What I ment was exponential. I've got 50% now and it really smooths out the plane yet gives me enough travel to still do snap rolls.

BTW, those flying pizzas are making me hungry.
Jan 28, 2007, 03:10 AM
Man, my wife was rocking today. She had a blast at the fest, and her powered wheelchair worked perfect. I found a Balsa moth kit, She said it was a must! lets see if there is anything left tomorrow to pick up. Catch you all after the fest.

BTW, Wes, good to see ya around buddy!
Tom
Jan 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks Tom! Now if the wind would die down maybe my poor lil mothie could spend a little time in the air....
Jan 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
Wish you were able to make it out here for the AZ Electric fest buddy, we had some great weather, today looks like it is going to be just as nice.
Jan 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
Me too. Then I could fly instead of worring about frozen pipes!
Jan 28, 2007, 01:26 PM

Onboard video

Cold? Who cares about cold? I go out with no hat or gloves to fly!

I put a new brushless on my moth and I can't believe how cool it is. It's my first one. The power is fantastic and it climbs out at 60 degrees. It's also silent. Fun stuff.

Here's a video from today.

Put my Aiptek in the cockpit of my moth and it fits well, right over the cg, but should be angled down about 5 degrees. I'd need to modify the strut though, so I won't worry about it. I tried to point the nose down as much as possible for a better view.

You'll notice the cabane and the side of the cowl in the video; you're also looking through the prop - kind of like window blinds. I imported the clip into my movie editor on widescreen setting, so things are more stretched out than normal.

The image is jumpy due to the frame rate of the Aiptek. And the wind; it was blowing more than I thought. At first it was so bad I almost landed after a few seconds. If you notice the tree line in the video you can see how it would cause bumpy air when the wind is coming in behind it. So down near the ground it's tricky, but once you get above them it smooths out some.

That's my lake past the trees. Nice to have a huge field out back and 16 miles of float plane action out front! You can bet I'll be building some floats for calm evenings. If this cold continues I'll have 16 miles of ice boating.
Jan 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
Bush Flying Down Under
Cool Vid Focker Ace (pun intended ).

Coming from Sydney, it always amazes me people live in places that get that cold. Its summer here and the last few times I've gone flying we had to make sure we had our hats so as not to get sunburned.

I'll take Mrs Toyman with me next time and get some video with the sun to help warm you guys up .
Jan 28, 2007, 06:56 PM
Had a nice day at the fest. Too windy for the Moth, but did get the Magpie_AP in the air. Time to look everything over and clean up the work area for the new stuff.
Tom
Jan 28, 2007, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkskunk
Totaly missed this question yesterday, sorry. I spent yet another vacation day flying!

What I ment was exponential. I've got 50% now and it really smooths out the plane yet gives me enough travel to still do snap rolls.
Ahh - that makes sense. I haven't messed with exponential yet - just dual rates. I may have to give it a try, now that my Pico TM has a Feigao in the nose - I've got much more power to fool with than I used to.

Doug
Jan 29, 2007, 12:20 AM
Bush Flying Down Under
On my Hitec Optic 6 I run -20% to -25% on all my planes and -30% on my Twister V2 Heli. It makes them all a lot easier to control.

I have Dual Rates of 100%/50% set up for the PTM but I never use it.
Jan 30, 2007, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsyr
Ahh - that makes sense. I haven't messed with exponential yet - just dual rates. I may have to give it a try, now that my Pico TM has a Feigao in the nose - I've got much more power to fool with than I used to.

Doug
I have a Optic 6. I am new to dual rates, exponental and such> What are these and sugestions for set up would be appreciated. MY Tiger moth is a standard out of the box build.

Thanx

Quick Reply