Mar 17, 2017, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I have a 3D moth like yours. But,I've never flown it. You fly yours so well... I'm going to have to finish a a couple of things and try mine out.
Looking forward to seeing your Tiger Moth
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2017, 11:32 PM
Right Rudder
Seen a few threads over at the Vendors - GWS section saying that GWS is going out of business?

Unbelievable!
Mar 18, 2017, 04:21 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Seen a few threads over at the Vendors - GWS section saying that GWS is going out of business?

Unbelievable!

You mean the entire company is going to bite the dust? I don't understand that at all. They were a thriving business and , heck. they could put out the original Tiger Moth and a few of their early designs and just downsize. Tell me it isn't true!
Buzz
Mar 20, 2017, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I've been told that GWS USA is busy for moving to a new location, still in California.
They'll take care of orders coming from dealers soon.
While GWS HQ is getting smaller, that's why most of GWS airplanes are not produced by now. But moulds are still there, they'll be produced again once we received orders with good enough quantity.
We are not going out of business, we still have business on selling servos, propellers, other products including the stocked airplane kits & parts as well.

Chen
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Mar 20, 2017 at 05:36 AM.
Mar 20, 2017, 07:54 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi,

I've been told that GWS USA is busy for moving to a new location, still in California.
They'll take care of orders coming from dealers soon.
While GWS HQ is getting smaller, that's why most of GWS airplanes are not produced by now. But moulds are still there, they'll be produced again once we received orders with good enough quantity.
We are not going out of business, we still have business on selling servos, propellers, other products including the stocked airplane kits & parts as well.

Chen
Chen,

Please chime in at :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post37138164
Mar 20, 2017, 08:45 AM
Mr Chen.........It is good news GWS will be selling again.
Love the Slow Stick.......so hard to find kits and parts.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:51 PM
Hi atr98,

GWS USA should still carry the parts of SlowStick. Please contact kuan@gwsus.com but I'm afraid that he could not reply to the incoming emails in time though.

Chen
Mar 20, 2017, 10:51 PM
Hi PittSpecial,

Thank you for your reminder.

Chen
Mar 26, 2017, 04:06 AM
Hiigaran member
GSW has been a blessing to the RC hobby and community. Your planes and flight gear have made flying and building fine planes available to everyone.

Thank you.
Mar 26, 2017, 01:23 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Just curious - how does the GWS version compare to the Electrify version?

I have a nib, large, complete Electrifly TM kit that I bought 3 years ago and have not yet built. Just curious for when I do decide to assemble it.

regards . . . gordonzo
Mar 26, 2017, 04:16 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
In this thread, you may find a bit of a bias towards the GWS OG PTM.
Mar 26, 2017, 04:29 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Ha ha. I noticed! Kind of an exclusive club.
Mar 27, 2017, 11:53 AM
Wingman
Not Really,
Just like any of the threads dedicated to a specific plane like the one for the Sig 4 star EP or the Millenium Master. All are welcome, its just that the info is slanted towards the GWS Tiger Moth.
Mar 27, 2017, 03:45 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Not Really,
Just like any of the threads dedicated to a specific plane like the one for the Sig 4 star EP or the Millenium Master. All are welcome, its just that the info is slanted towards the GWS Tiger Moth.
Yep.... the reason being.... we like to fly 'em. Seriously, that first edition little plane stood the place on it's ear. There are some of us who would probably have an apoplectic seizure if we couldn't get them again.
Mar 27, 2017, 08:43 PM
Hey folks - me again. I have noticed that GWS is definitely not the presence it used to be. Which is a shame, after all these years, still flying my Pico TM, still enjoy the hell out of it.

I recently finished my second GWS model, their F4U Corsair. It is also a fantastic airplane! I did mod the plane, cosmetically by making it into an early model "birdcage" canopy, and threw out the geared Speed 400 motor, replacing it with a BP-21 brushless. Performance is excellent, does nice big Immelmanns and Split esses, quick roll rate. I can fly it fast, or slow. Slowed down, it flies like a trainer! Corsairs have a lot of wing area, and when you consider this was originally designed for 7 cell Nicads instead of the 3 cell 1300 I'm using, wing loading is very light. It lands at a walk! Quickly becoming a favorite plane.

Quick Reply