Apr 27, 2006, 10:39 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Discussion

Opinons of the Cermark Victor?

http://www.cermark.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=AAA
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2006, 04:45 AM
Looks like a warmliner to me. Lots of options in that price range...

You might want to remove some of the excess weight:

* Pushrod tubers factory installed.

= Mike
May 01, 2006, 10:00 AM
more kW, more problems
yeah I think that it looks as though this plane would explode if stressed with high-performance equipment, moves etc. good price but in this case you get what you pay for! I would say that the GP Siren's fuse is stronger at least for the same $$$
Jun 26, 2006, 04:35 PM
1st flight on saturday and it was a blast!
Jul 04, 2006, 01:58 PM
anyone got any other first hand experience?
Jul 08, 2006, 10:33 PM
Saw one at a fun fly over at Sepulveda Basin today. Looked like a lot of fun.

Is the GP Siren as good or better?
Jul 08, 2006, 11:32 PM
The Siren is probably stronger, at any rate.

= Mike
Aug 01, 2006, 01:33 PM
Well, I got a cermark victor. It is very nice finish, everything is clean and well done. I got the little outrunner that they sell for it.

Easy and quick build. I set it up with hs-65's, rather than the 55s they recommend. The 55s seem a bit marginal..

It flies well, as a power glider. Would not call it a hot liner at all. At least with the 3S lipos I've been flying. I suppose you could weight it down some more.

No bad characteristics at this weight. No bad tip stalls. All stalls gentle and straight.

They forgot to make the wire channels in the wings, wide enough to pull a servo connector through. So you have to take off the connectors, and snake them through, after soldering on extensions.

The hardware supplied is pretty cheasy. Tiny micro wire pushrods for tail and ailerons. Bad plastic control horns.

The rudder function of the V-tail is completely useless. Might as well have used a single servo. Adding more rudder throw, just makes it act like a brake.

It powers up real nicely. A few hundred feet in a 6-8 seconds.

It will barely do an outside loop, to save it's life. No matter how fast you have it going.

I've flown it for dozen flights or so, and today, caught a wing tip, going slow. The hit was so gentle, that it did not leave a mark on the covering! But the wing split at the joint where it is glued together, and broke right through the totally inadequate little plywood dihedral brace they use to join the wing sections.

How would you repair this? It is all glued in with epoxy, so no way to pull the brace out. It is a clean break, other than that.

Should I have gotten a siren..??
Last edited by derway; Aug 02, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Aug 01, 2006, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derway
I've flown it for dozen flights or so, and today, caught a wing tip, going slow. But the wing split at the joint where it is glued together, and broke right through the totally inadequate little plywood dihedral brace they use to join the wing sections.

How would you repair this? It is all glued in with epoxy, so no way to pull the brace out. It is a clean break, other than that.
Strip the covering from the inside two bays, make two ply braces and cut holes in the root rib to suit, ahead and behind the spar/brace box.* This will only really work if you think that the shear web will take the twisting load from your new, short braces.

Failing that, I'd consider drilling through the centre of the brace/brace box to put in a length of straight carbon rod from side to side.* Lots of epoxy would be called for to be sure you don't reduce the strength of the spar too much.

Quote:
Should I have gotten a siren..??
Only you can really answer that...

*= Mike
Aug 02, 2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks Mike!
Aug 27, 2006, 04:19 PM
mine experienced "wing fold" on a hot descent and too much up elevator... I agree that the wings need to be CF reinforced to some degree. I will be trying this on the victor II.
Aug 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
Looks like the breeze III is the way to go - much better wing - 2 meter, 2 piece with CF spar & joiner, T-Tail, rudder!, flaps. Only $30 more than the victor.

Anyone ever flown one? Looks to be possibly better than the GP Siren...