Apr 25, 2006, 01:43 AM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Thread OP
Discussion

Decal paper for ink jet printer?

Hi guys just curious to know if there if there is any local sorce for A4 decal paper for ink jet printers.... its great for making water slide home made decals for our scale models
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2006, 05:30 AM
I get clear decal paper from office works. For white background decal paper, I just use A4 size CD label sheets and put contact over it. I then put a little PVA glue round the edge to stop the edges lifting.

Ex.
Apr 25, 2006, 05:39 AM
Is it expensive to buy at office works?
Apr 25, 2006, 05:41 AM
Can't remember how much it cost me. Bought a couple of packs and it lasted me a few months. Probably not as cheap as ebay, but Office works is just down the road.

Ex.
Apr 25, 2006, 08:32 AM
It's a trap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerd18
Some warbird decals to test the decal paper on
Cool. I see the warbirdkits site has some others as well.

You know of somewhere I could get some decals for a B2? I was thinking of making up some masks and painting the markings on with an airbrush, but decals seem a much easier way to go.
Apr 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Thread OP
The paper Iam referring to is water slide decal paper.... it comes in white and clear A4 sized pages. These are printed onto with inkjet then sealed with a polyurathane clear coat and then applied same as you would with any small 1/48 scale etc plastic model kit.... for scale applications this method is second to none IMHO as no raised edges. I have completed a few scale models this way like my CF-18 see pic below.... Iwas living in Canada at the time and sourced decal paper from U.S. I could still have it shipped over to Oz but first wanted to see if I could find a local outlet.
check this link out for more info on water slide inkjet decal paper-
http://www.DecalPaper.com/inkjet.html

Now just now need to find a suppiler in Oz
Apr 25, 2006, 08:59 PM
It's a trap!
Looks like eBay might be the best option, although there seem to be a few craft type shops around Oz who sell what you are after. Try a Google search for "lazertran".
Apr 26, 2006, 07:15 AM
Its all fun
Guys, the cost of 10 clear sheets (second item) is $US11.95, BUT international post to Oz is $US 7.95. Anyone want to participate in a group buy? PM me if you are interested
Apr 26, 2006, 08:18 AM
Here's the link to the Aus ebay sellor

Laserjet
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Water-Slide-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Inkjet
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Water-Slide-D...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought the clear sheets to try on my S&B Tempest because the supplied decals were too thick and peeled. Very happy with the results.

For around $2 a sheet I think its reasonable considering the cost in everything else we put into these planes.

Raven
Apr 26, 2006, 08:33 AM
Its all fun
A lot less mucking around to buy locally...
Apr 27, 2006, 07:47 PM
Magicsmoke maker
I bought some locally not long ago, about $25 AUD... now I can't find it

Admittingly I went and instead got my stuff done in vinyl for my 'presentation planes'.

Paul.
May 02, 2006, 06:12 AM
HHQ dealers have Supercal process packs (about A5 size) has 2ea clear and white sheets plus a spray bottle of a liquid fixative to seal the ink.
This was reviewed a couple of years back in some overseas mags where the users praised it highly.
May 06, 2006, 05:58 AM
It's a trap!
Found these on my travels which I thought someone may find useful -

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...0040-01.html#1

Quick Reply