PiccoZ, 9.5gram RC helicopter - RC Groups
Apr 24, 2006, 06:12 AM
Video

PiccoZ, 9.5gram RC helicopter

Hi,

On popular request, I made some short video clips of the prototypes I tested in my living room.
This one is the PiccoZ, absolutely autostable RC helicopter.
On a Paris show, I had a 5 year old boy flying PiccoZ, and a 60 year young lady. In one of the clips you see my wife flying it, her first flight actually! Listen to the soundtrack, and you will understand that PiccoZ is good for your marriage too . Her only other RC experience was 2 flights with the Gyrotor, the bigger brother of PiccoZ at 38grams including a gyro. Video clips of Gyrotor are comming too
Both products will be brought to market later this year by Silverlit.
Last edited by alexander; Apr 24, 2006 at 10:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2006, 07:23 AM
The PiccoZ looks excellent, Alexander. Looking forward to getting my hands on a few to play with.

Paul

ps - clips #4 & #6 are the same.
Apr 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
thanks, i removed clip 6
Apr 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
alexander,
thanks for the video clips, it looks like a great little helicopter. Money is being saved for a couple of the PiccoZ and the Gyrotor.
Apr 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hi to All Friends,

ALEX,

I am much content and want to still say to you thanks for your wonderful ideas.
I hoped to buy this summer the two models(I want 3 PiccoZ and one Gyrotor) and instead we must wait for the end of this year
The fantastic PiccoZ flies very much good and that even if it does not have the gyro the model is much stable one and controlable
Alex , you have transformed our dream in reality THANK YOU!
Apr 24, 2006, 04:00 PM
Shure looks nice - but its only a 2 channel.

So how about steering?
Up and down, right and (maybe) left ( canīt see that in the videos) - but no real forward and backward?

That shure ainīt than a "helicopter"

EDIT: and what about flight times?

gtx
steely
Last edited by steelcut; Apr 24, 2006 at 04:19 PM.
Apr 25, 2006, 03:13 AM
For the hundreds of kids and grown-ups who saw it in Paris show, it defenitely was a helicopter
Funny thing was that the most frequent question was certainly not to have more channels, but 'can I buy 1, 2 or even 3 right now?' . The 'instant play' factor is very seductive to both to novice consumers and experienced hobbyists. And it is virtually unbreakable. I used to throw it up some meters high and let it drop on the floor a couple of times before taking off. PiccoZ kept on flying happily.
There is even a solution for those who really don't like it: don't buy it
Apr 25, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hi Alexander,
shure i will not buy it if i donīt like it - but that is too early to say...
First i have to see it in real to decide.

But pitty you didnīt even answer my questions :C

Which way do the 2 channels work?
What is the approx. flight time?

gtx
steely
Apr 25, 2006, 06:26 AM
flight time is around 7 minutes (altough I had my early preproduction versions do 9 minutes, but I want to stay conservative). 'Play-time' is closer to 10 minutes. It's infra red, but in a room not very directional sensitive (so you don't have to point at the PiccoZ to keep IR contact)
It's 2 channel. But, in a slow turn to the right it accelerates, in a slow turn to the left it decelerates or even stops and goes backwards. This way, you can move around the way you want. It has a digital trim that allows for rather precise control.
There is not much more one can get at that price point.
Apr 25, 2006, 07:02 AM
Hi to all,
Dear Alex,
why if the PiccoZ turn on the left he could be stopped and be moved back? If we can regulate cg we can have a PiccoZ that flies enough fast in ahead and in this way we can realize also an eight?
Alex,The PiccoZ and Gyrotor will be available this summer?

dear Alex,thanks again for your video but...if you can I would want to see the PiccoZ that turn on the left with a cg enough in ahead in order avoiding the block...please !
Thank you in advance .
PS
also my girlfriend wants the PiccoZ!!
Apr 25, 2006, 07:11 AM
Thanx a lot alexander - but doesnīt ir mean, in a sunlit room it may be very difficult to keep contact?

gtx
steely
Apr 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
Ordered the PiccoZ and the Gyrotor from xufo-shop here in Germany.
This is what I need when I fly in the holidays...he he....wife is gonna kill me.....End Juli they said in the shop...
May 06, 2006, 11:46 PM
romantist
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander
For the hundreds of kids and grown-ups who saw it in Paris show, it defenitely was a helicopter
Funny thing was that the most frequent question was certainly not to have more channels, but 'can I buy 1, 2 or even 3 right now?' . The 'instant play' factor is very seductive to both to novice consumers and experienced hobbyists. And it is virtually unbreakable. I used to throw it up some meters high and let it drop on the floor a couple of times before taking off. PiccoZ kept on flying happily.
There is even a solution for those who really don't like it: don't buy it
Precisely!

truthfully, the Piccoz & Gyrotor are simply a whole new concept & engineering in flight mobility for this scale, where excessiveness is too much and less is more - especially to make a customer happy.

As for my taste, I like the complexity of a full complex helicopter - but also will definately appreciate these helicopters for many long hours to come.

Thanks Alexander.
Sep 16, 2006, 01:30 AM

Only 2 minutes flight time on PiccoZ

I bought the PiccoZ at Wlamart, Canada. They are selling for under CAD$30. Somehow, I could not get it to fly more than 2 minutes. I used NiCd for the transmitter to charge the PiccoZ. I thought there was somthing wrong with the NiCd. I charged the NiCd using GWS MC2002 charger. I then charged the PiccoZ. Somehow it still flew for a minute or so. Could it be the Li Poly battery in the copper is no good? Do we still have to watch for the voltage on the Lipoly so that it doesn't drain below 3V?

Anybody has a long flight with it?
Sep 16, 2006, 04:10 AM
R/C CRASHER
i did almost ten mins check out my video.

picco z helicopter video (5 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply