This thread is privately moderated by ib456, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2006, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

GWS Funny Park.

At last I finished and flew the funny park, It has had some reviews that are less than flattering with comments about the CG and being to short as well as performing badly.

I ave the 400C version, I also have it balanced without any clay, but I am unsure of the weight, dont have scales that will weight it accuratly.

I did have to change my reciever to a smaller one to stop the aileron linkages hitting it and only working well turning left. Still not the greatest but now I can use it to turn right if needed.

Loops with the 400 and a 10x6 prop doesnt produce much thrust but it can loop with a small dive (also my big lipo cant produce the required amps to go really well, my small one does and can sort of loop from level.) Just ordered a new Tanic 2200ma so that should sort all that trouble out. May also try another prop and my 3 cell lipo like a 9x5, might just give it a bit more kick.

In the end I will put a BP12 and a 10x6 on 2 cells i am thinking, just need to test the amp draw to make sure it doesnt kill it.

The first flight was good, threw it full throttle, and it took off like a rocket, well to me it did, after flying a pico tiger moth anything is fast. Had to trim it up and stop it turning left but once this was done it flew really well on R/E/T only. The elevator is fairly sensitive but no problem once you get used to it..
All trimed and landed in 47 seconds without any breakages. I love the timers on the optic 6..
The ailerons are almost worthless i think, when used to turn you need to use heaps of elevator to stop it losing height, rolls are impossible, but this could be due to my battery not giving enought power and the time i had the good battery in the ailerons were binding on the reciever. Once i get the new battery and change the setup of the aileron servo and linkages I will try again.

Flew nicely at half throttle, glides well enough, landings are fast but not too bad after a bit of practice. Takes off from short grass with no trouble.
It is fun to fly and is really easy, at its slowest it is faster than the tiger moth by a fair amount.
From my 780 Tanic 2 cell i got about 8 minutes flight, from the 1800ma I got about 20 and it haddnt reached the LV cutout, but it was sagging but that battery is not the best. The Tanic is far better but does get slightly warm and the 1800 is much warmer, but not hot by any means.

Easy to build, kind of cool looking and good to chase seagulls with. With a bit more power it would be far more fun but as my first 4 channel plane it will be awhile before I get bored of it.
Once I can fly this without trouble or accident i will replace it with a GWS corsair.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply