Apr 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade CP won't lift more than a few feet off the ground

I replaced everything onto a new frame. I made all my adjustments. When I go to fly, it won't go past a few feet off the ground. The LED turns RED sooner than it did before and it feels like there is less power! Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2006, 06:39 PM
When you throttle up, does the motor sound seem to bog down a lot? If so, check your pitch links for too high pitch. If it makes a sorta high-pitched "wind" sound on spool-up, your pitch may be too low. If there aren't any other problems, replace the main motor.

Sponge
Apr 21, 2006, 06:48 PM
How tight is your gear mesh?
Apr 21, 2006, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstaller
How tight is your gear mesh?
Not too tight. I increased the pitch of the blades a little bit and hovered it inside the house just now. It seems normal. Part of my problem I think is setting the linkage lengths to their previous length. Is there a guide for this somewhere??? How would you set them???
Apr 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
There's a good tutorial on setting pitch over at bladecprepair.com, along with lots of pics and diagrams. If you have a pitch guage, it's even better.

Sponge

Quick Reply