Jan 22, 2010, 02:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorious
Hello,

I was wondering if this code would work on a 16f8771? It's the only ic i've got at the moment.
Thanks.
Is that the correct part number... its not listed on the Microchip web site. If you mean 16F877 then no it won't work as this chip has no USB uart built in.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2010, 10:08 AM
Heli tinkerer
Yes, I meant the 16F877, pressed one for some reason. I'm trying to find a distributor who'll ship to Barbados at the moment.

Thanks
Feb 06, 2010, 11:29 AM
Thread OP
I've just taken delivery of the surplus PCB's and components from Ash. For those that don't remember, he had a large batch of boards and components to make up a kit of parts back in early 2008 ( ( Original thread here ).

These boards are of very high quality as you can see by the image below

If you are interested in having a go at making one of these interfaces then drop me a PM and I'll let you how to go about acquiring a kit of parts to build one (less cable and box). They will be free apart from a nominal fee to cover post, packing and paypal costs (typically £5) per order (max 3 kits)

I'm sure given the quantity of boards Ashley provided that these will be available for some time, but once they have gone, that will be it !

Forgot to add that my supply of 18F2550's are limited, so once they have gone you will have to obtain you own samples from Microchip and program it yourself.
Last edited by Malc C; Feb 07, 2010 at 06:37 AM.
Feb 09, 2010, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C

Forgot to add that my supply of 18F2550's are limited, so once they have gone you will have to obtain you own samples from Microchip and program it yourself.
I've received quite a bit of interest in these, so much so that all the PICs Ash provided (and my last remaining samples) have been allocated to those who have PM'ed me. Therefore all future kits will come without a PIC.
Feb 10, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
In addition to the above, I've now exhausted my supply of 10K resistors and LEDs
Feb 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
I've just taken delivery of the surplus PCB's and components from Ash. For those that don't remember, he had a large batch of boards and components to make up a kit of parts back in early 2008 ( ( Original thread here ).

These boards are of very high quality as you can see by the image below

If you are interested in having a go at making one of these interfaces then drop me a PM and I'll let you how to go about acquiring a kit of parts to build one (less cable and box). They will be free apart from a nominal fee to cover post, packing and paypal costs (typically £5) per order (max 3 kits)

I'm sure given the quantity of boards Ashley provided that these will be available for some time, but once they have gone, that will be it !

Hi there;

Just received the interfaces yesterday and made one up this morning. Worked like a charm even on Windows 7. I am very pleased with how easy it was to make up and impressed with the quality of the PCB.

Thanks again for your generousity in making these available to us. Its people like you that make this such a great hobby.

Since you are obviously involved in electronics do you know where I can find some LED backlight panels. I converted my JR 9303 to an EL backlight but am very unhappy with the EL panel life. Seems they go dark after only a few hours.

Dave
Feb 20, 2010, 06:43 PM
Thread OP
Dave, thanks for the feedback, but the credit for the PCB's goes to Ashley.

Windows 7 eh! - well, who would of thought it - seems we made the code future proof

I dabble in electronics - but only as a hobby. TBH I don't have a clue what LCD panel would fit the TX - Sorry
Jul 02, 2010, 07:02 PM
Vozdushno Desantnie Voiska
sorry for a dumb question, I'm a newbie here, but is this thread about code and electronics so I could fly an R/C plane from a laptop/desktop or did I understand something wrong here?
Jul 03, 2010, 03:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by specnaz
sorry for a dumb question, I'm a newbie here, but is this thread about code and electronics so I could fly an R/C plane from a laptop/desktop or did I understand something wrong here?
Correct. If you follow the thread from the beginning it covers the development of an interface that connects between a PC and transmitter, that will allow you to control a model in any flight simulator that supports a standard windows joystick. HEX code, schematic etc are there - just need a PIC programmer, laser printer and ferric to etch the PCB and a handful of components.

Remember, this thread was started several years ago, when commercial USB interfaces were expensive. Nowadays you can pick them up for less than $10, but if you want the fun of building your own then feel free to have ago
Jul 03, 2010, 07:10 AM
I see.., I've gone through the topic but can't say I do understand everything, I know basic electronics and i do work quite a lot with chemicals and I guess I could make this thing if I give it a try... but I'm confused, you said I could control a model in flight simulator?? what about real RC plane?
I'm always eager to build things from scratch
here I draw a sketch, is this the idea?
Jul 03, 2010, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
You would be better of simply using the TX to fly a real plane as intended
Jul 03, 2010, 08:09 AM
it's not as fun as it would be flying it with a joystick as a real plane, or as if i would play FSX only flying an RC plane for real, and I wouldn't need FPV because all would be right on screen, basically like flying a real UAV. wouldn't that be a point of making a joystick control ?
Jul 03, 2010, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
This thread is now going off topic. If you want to discuss UAV etc please do so on the section dedicated to the subject.
Jul 03, 2010, 09:21 AM
sorry if I'm offtopicing, but i thought the project you do here is about making control of real RC plane from a computer via joystick, and you said before?
Jul 03, 2010, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
My apologies, I miss read your post. No it's for use with a simulator, so you fly a virtual model in a virtual world

Quick Reply