Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by HelloScott
SSMA #01M9382, AMA #137824
Build Log

THREE V-32's built at the same time!

This past winter, I built three Victor V-32k sailboats. I chose the V-32k ("k" means Kit version) because our local club, the Indianapolis Admirals (www.indyadmirals.com) selected the V-32 as the Single Design Club boat. I also liked the Soling 1M, but I wanted to build what the club would be sailing in our regattas. The Solings are not really competitive in the open class, so had I built those, they'd be great, but really just unto themselves. Anybody building a boat should build what their area club has selected. Then, you have other skippers to pal around with and compete with.

www.victor-model.com is the source of the kits. You can buy them pre-made too if you wish. The cool thing about the V-32's is all the sail colors that you can choose from. Makes for a very colorful event.

Our first club V-32 regatta is this Saturday. Then, the next one is the "Spring Fling" which I've attached a flyer on:
Last edited by HelloScott; Jun 02, 2009 at 11:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by vupilot
WOW!!!.

Thanks Scott!!!
That will most likely cover any questions that may pop-up during the build. (until rigging) I'm sure I will reference those many times. Later on if you have any pics of the electronics positioned inside that would be great but I wont need that for a while I dont even have the boat kit yet!!!

Chris
Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:21 PM
Amazing craftsmanship!!! I hope mine comes out half that nice!

Do I need to worry about hitting a target weight or will it be close just by following the instructions?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:35 PM

Mission Complete!

I can't tell you how excited I was to finally get these boats out on the water. I'm looking forward to the day that all three are sailing together. I hope that will happen in May.

I'm mostly a flyer, but I've gotten a "thing" for R/C boats too. Very relaxing and there's a lake right near where I work. Great way to unwind at lunch or after work. Lots of people come up and want to see them up close too.

Build one!!!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:35 PM
Gotta get back to work....Cant wait to see some in action saturday!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:50 PM
I gotta get back to work too! My fingers are sore from typing and I'm supposed to be working not daydreaming about sailboats...but that's a side effect you will have to deal with too!