Apr 17, 2006, 10:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

i shorted my lipo but it did not blow the 10 amp fuze

ummm hummm is it gonna be OK? i connected my amp meter in line and i had the wires connected wrong or something and i noticed the wire got hot. so i disconnected the batt and put it in a flower pot on my front (brick) porch. the batt was over 100 degrees but not so hot to burn . and no wires melted. it was connected about 6 seconds .. the batt is now cooled and looks fine . the voltage is 7.89 and was charged to 8.2 before the short.. whadda u think
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2006, 07:57 AM
characters welcome!
Use it but safety rules apply especially in the case of possibly compromised packs.

mw
Apr 18, 2006, 11:12 AM
Go Navy!
agreed, keep it on the poorch for a while, expically after you charge it again. I suspect it will be fine, just watch out for it.

Rick
Apr 18, 2006, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
thank you .. yes i think it looks like from the batt point of view like a very high amp draw for a few seconds. i will keep it on the porch for few cycles.. than i will check it with my cell pro 4 charger(when it arrives) . and see what it detects the capacity to be

Quick Reply