Sharing pics of my first wing,(Overlord) - RC Groups
Apr 15, 2006, 02:35 AM
"OLD CHEAPSKATE" FOR SURE
Yippee!

Sharing pics of my first wing,(Overlord)

Been building on it for a month or so.Got most of my build info from the Unicorn website. Much more detailed than what comes with the Overlord.
Flew it for the first time yeterday. Nice a calm weather. After a few test glides I hit the throttle and a we went! Flew great but seemed a little underpower,even with the Zagi timed and balanced 400 brushed motor.
Using Maxamps 1800mah 4/5A packs. I have a few cycles on them. Hope to get more out of them after a couple of cycles.
Balanced at about 7-3/4" for now. Will be moving back towards 8" next time I take here out.AUW is 27-3/4oz at this point. Carrying 35 cents on each wing tip to balance at 8" for next flights. I built her strong (heavy) since it was my first wing. Been flying glider for years. Wings are a whole different ball game! But what a lot of fun!!

Lemme know what you think of my build.

Dennis
Last edited by nakman8; Apr 15, 2006 at 02:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2006, 02:49 AM
The Original Slacker
Build looks great Nak.

The Overlord was my first wing but with last years white EPP. Great first wing and yes, I got bored after a few flights with the speed 400. Did the clasic brushless swapout: Mega 16/15/4 and a CC25. Here are some pics of my build.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=Overlord

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368029

You will enjoy it, I'm sure. Good times with that one and I still use it as a trainer and powered slope glider (with the old 400 motor).

Clear skies!

-Dave
Apr 15, 2006, 02:57 AM
"OLD CHEAPSKATE" FOR SURE
Thanks Dave. I saw these threads and all the others when I was searching for build tips. You guys sure helped a lot. When you changed motors did it upset your CG alot?

Dennis
Apr 15, 2006, 03:00 AM
The Original Slacker
Zero CG change. Those Mega 16/15/4's are almost the exact same weight.

I liked it closer the 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 inches from nose for my CG.

Glad they helped...

-Dave