Apr 14, 2006, 06:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

World Models Voodoo Mustang EP

Does anyone know anything about this airplane? I am wondering why the $99 price. Does it come with a BL motor like the Spitfire?

http://ecsvr.com/abm/shopexd.asp?id=2215
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2006, 07:38 PM
Pushing the Limits of FFF
From what I know about the world models stuff, they are built pretty well and for the money they are good rugged, flyers. I beleive that this one does come with the their new outrunner motor. I have the clipped wing cub, the rockwell mustang, and the rambler. I have landed pretty rough, and the only damage has been to the landing gear. It bends fairly easily. Overall they are very complete. All you have to do is glue the tail group on, install the control surfaces and glue the wing halves together. They fly great and have good stall speeds. The motor mount needs a little bit of attention. On two of mine, I had to add some CA to the glue joints because they were a little thin. I first flew them with the stock geared setup and found that they were under powered, but after I installed a Hacker 20-22L and a 2100 3s lipo, they were very peppy and extreamly acrobatic. I am still flying them every once in a while, and it has been over 300 flights on all three combined. Hope that this helps.

John
Apr 14, 2006, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks John,

I also have the Miss America Mustang and the Clipped Wing Cub. I agree that they fly pretty well. I was wondering on this one if you are just paying extra for the fancy covering or if you are getting something else for the extra money since it does not say so on the site.
Apr 14, 2006, 09:13 PM
Pushing the Limits of FFF
When I bought mine at the LHS I think that I paid about 70 to 80 for the mustang, and that was with the cheesy brushed 400. I think that $99 for the covering and a brushless is a steal. Here is the link to their web site. It has a little bit more details about it. According to the manual on their site it does include the outrunner motor.
http://theworldmodels.com/para/produ...airplaneid=134

John
May 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
yes, it comes with the outrunner motor.
May 31, 2006, 11:45 PM
$100 for a balsa arf P-51 AND AN OUTRUNNER??? oh man its soooo tempting
Jun 01, 2006, 12:00 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
get it!,i have the kit on my "project" list and its very nice!
Jun 01, 2006, 12:48 AM
O stewardess...I speak jive
My pal has the Mustang and it flys great with the stock outrunner and stock folding prop. The only bummer is that you have to take off the wing to get the battery in and out . If someone can come up with an easier way to get the battery in and out and post it on here I will give him the heads up.
Jun 01, 2006, 09:27 AM
Team PowerBox Systems
I have the Rockwell version from WM -- very well bult and flys great. Using the large "blue" outrunner from Hobby Lobby on a 9x6 APC SF prop, 1800 3S LiPo. I'm going to head down to the LHS today and order the Voodoo.
Last edited by SPasierb; Jun 01, 2006 at 09:34 AM.
Jun 01, 2006, 11:59 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
i had the rockwell also and yes it was a great flier,now im stuck! lol i can either build the VOODOO next or the Ultrafly Mustang idk! please help me decide
Jun 01, 2006, 04:55 PM
build the voodoo? so is it a kit? looks to me like a ARF
Jun 01, 2006, 07:17 PM
im thinking of getting one once summer starts, im still in school but hopefully ill get a summer job and with that price tag i'll have no problem affording it. i read through the instructions manual and the wing is a bummer, i'll probobly just use a normal prop and not a folded one, and i dont really like the look of the LG, but its hard to telll from my angle. wont say i'll get it for sure, but i do like the looks of it
Jun 01, 2006, 08:10 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
the unscale parts are not a big deal and thye gear makes it land great for a stang(no noseovers) usually
Jun 02, 2006, 01:26 AM
guys i think i may have to get a different plane instead, just saw one on the shelf of the LHS today and am tempted. little porky, but common, retracts and flaps on a parkflyer? and how about $120 with a brushless?

http://www.ultraflymodel.com/airplanes/ufla1010.html

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCY3&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCY4&P=7
Jun 02, 2006, 06:53 AM
Team PowerBox Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinazn10
and i dont really like the look of the LG, but its hard to telll from my angle.
The LG are ugly -- I went without and just land on the belly. Looks MUCH better in the air. Put the belly pan on with rare earth magnets. Mine typically does not come off on landing, and even on the hardest of landings, it just pops off with do damage.

Quick Reply