Aug 20, 2019, 07:51 PM
Yeah, saw those but it doesn't show the elevons in detail.

Pretty sure this isn't a MiniFly at all. Thinking it is a Hyper-Flea and I wrote the wrong name on the box. Ordered it way back on 12/20/17 so anything is possible with my horrible memory. Maybe that is what I ordered and I forgot.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
Yeah, saw those but it doesn't show the elevons in detail.

Pretty sure this isn't a MiniFly at all. Thinking it is a Hyper-Flea and I wrote the wrong name on the box. Ordered it way back on 12/20/17 so anything is possible with my horrible memory. Maybe that is what I ordered and I forgot.
Nope,not a Hyper flea. I have one and the wing span is 22 inches. Not sure just when the hyper flea was discontinued. But I'm sure it was long before 2017
Aug 21, 2019, 07:25 AM
Tram, still around?

Thoughts?
Aug 21, 2019, 01:24 PM
Tram is still around. He posted here just last month. I looked at the instructions for the mini-fly on the website. it says the elevons have the 45 degree bevel pre-cut on them, and they're slightly longer than the wings when the correct gap is set in the middle (1/4 to 1/2"). There should also be some extra foam to be able to cut the vertical stabilizers.

what is strange is the wingspan.... teensiefly should be 12" wingspan and minifly should be 20" wingspan, hyperflea was 22" wingspan, and the even older superflea was 23" wingspan

Found it. (maybe) Along time ago superfly used to have a ducted fan beastie they called the supermite. It had a 16" wingspan. review is here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-EDF-40-Review
Last edited by gstreaks; Aug 21, 2019 at 02:00 PM.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstreaks View Post
Tram is still around. He posted here just last month. I looked at the instructions for the mini-fly on the website. it says the elevons have the 45 degree bevel pre-cut on them, and they're slightly longer than the wings when the correct gap is set in the middle (1/4 to 1/2"). There should also be some extra foam to be able to cut the vertical stabilizers.

what is strange is the wingspan.... teensiefly should be 12" wingspan and minifly should be 20" wingspan, hyperflea was 22" wingspan, and the even older superflea was 23" wingspan

Found it. (maybe) Along time ago superfly used to have a ducted fan beastie they called the supermite. It had a 16" wingspan. review is here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-EDF-40-Review
Certainly looks like what I have, same shape. Seems there are two and extras in the box as well. Two sets of cores, one blem, three canopies all in a row that fell apart from pre-cut.

Either way, never knew of it so not something I would have ordered. No worries, been two years according to PayPal so all on me.
Aug 21, 2019, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Certainly looks like what I have, same shape. Seems there are two and extras in the box as well. Two sets of cores, one blem, three canopies all in a row that fell apart from pre-cut.

Either way, never knew of it so not something I would have ordered. No worries, been two years according to PayPal so all on me.
Over the years i've ended up with two or three superflea's and two superfly's. always wanted to try one of the mini's or teensie's just haven't yet...
I think replacement canopies are still available, if you need some....
Aug 22, 2019, 05:24 AM
The canopies are fine. Just meant that there are three of them that were cut out and the cut to separate them wasn't complete so they pulled apart from one another easily.
Aug 22, 2019, 02:50 PM
Quote:
The canopies are fine. Just meant that there are three of them that were cut out and the cut to separate them wasn't complete so they pulled apart from one another easily.
I thought I saw some canopies in the pic's you posted.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
Tram, still around?

Thoughts?
Still here.

Initial thoughts - sometimes I’ll throw flyable blem kits into the box instead of throwing them away, so that may explain that portion. I’ve had people ask for them in the past, so I just started including them.

Next thought is that I’ll fix whatever the issue, so don’t fret there.

I just got your email.

Give me a few and you’ll have a reply.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:52 PM
It's been two years, nothing for you to fix. Please let me know when I can purchase a MiniFly kit.

Also, any idea what this one is? Curiosity is high. 😁
May 01, 2020, 11:00 PM
chronic in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
It’ll accelerate going straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jeff whats the difference between the two microdan motors you offer on your site? Sorry it's been a while.
May 02, 2020, 11:58 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
If you want to do an upgrade motor, a lot of progress has been made since the early days of the Superfly. Particularly in motors for multi-rotors.

I use this one as a modern replacement for the TowerPro and Emax Superfly motors. A bit less weight and twice the power. Way cheaper than Microdans and probably similar performance. Although I've never owned a motor that expensive, so don't know for sure.

http://rctimer.com/?product-1584.html
May 04, 2020, 12:09 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfcon View Post
Hey Jeff whats the difference between the two microdan motors you offer on your site? Sorry it's been a while.
Been a while for me too, actually.

Basically, cell count. 2S vs 3S.

You'll want to run the 1845kv for 3S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line View Post
If you want to do an upgrade motor, a lot of progress has been made since the early days of the Superfly. Particularly in motors for multi-rotors.

I use this one as a modern replacement for the TowerPro and Emax Superfly motors. A bit less weight and twice the power. Way cheaper than Microdans and probably similar performance. Although I've never owned a motor that expensive, so don't know for sure.

I'm going to have to check these out. Do you have a reliable source of a stick motor mount for these? Stick mounts seem to have disappeared as of late with the changes in motors.
Last edited by Tram; May 04, 2020 at 12:15 PM.
May 04, 2020, 12:50 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Heh...I got all mine from you. But I now do my own "stick" mount. Take two long (50mm) M3 bolts. Cut the heads off. Thread on hex nuts with about 2mm of thread sticking out and screw that into two of the four motor case holes. Set the jam nuts against the motor. Now you have two studs sticking back which can be mounted to the planes various ways. One is I cut a piece of hobbyply that fits snugly between the studs. Glue in place and wrap with thread...then a layer of duct tape. Now you have a tongue sticking back there that can be screwed or bolted to the plane.

If you want a more conventional stick mount I'd bet the guys with 3D Printers have already whipped something up, or would on request. A lot of them just like to make things.
May 04, 2020, 02:44 PM
chronic in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line View Post

Have you run one of these on a superfly or similar? If so what's your setup. Prop, batt, esc, etc.

Thanks.

Quick Reply