Apr 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
I've half a mind...
Thread OP
Help!

GS Racing Storm RTR Plus needle settings

Hi,

I'm a newbie to glow powered cars and trucks. I just picked up a GS Racing Storm RTR Plus 1/8 scale buggy. I'm having problems with the high end and low end needle settings.

I'm running it on 20% nitro, 20% castor oil and 60% methanol. The problem is that it starts OK with the starting station (I broke the pull start on the first day) but the moment I take off the glow booster, the engine dies. I've richened and leaned the low end, from half a turn to 5 turns from closed position but to no avail.

The buggy ran fine on the first day, but the engine would quit after 5 minutes of running (not at full throttle). The high end needle is at 3 full turns from closed at the moment, and that doesn't seem to be a problem.

I'm not new to glow engines, I've been flying planes with 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines for a long time, but this is the first time with a car.

Can anyone help me with starting points for the high and low end needles and I can take it from there. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply