Horizon selling Trex as ARF?? - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 08, 2006, 10:52 AM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Discussion

Horizon selling Trex as ARF??


I found this interesting. I guess they are trying to match Tower's Helimax. Atleast they aren't trying to claim it as their own brand.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2006, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
I found this interesting. I guess they are trying to match Tower's Helimax. Atleast they aren't trying to claim it as their own brand.
Looks like a pre-built 450X, the shorter boom version of the 450, nice electronics bundle and price IMO....
Apr 08, 2006, 01:16 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer
Looks like a pre-built 450X, the shorter boom version of the 450, nice electronics bundle and price IMO....

wow if that includes those elects then it is a steal.. But I really dont think it does.. But I could be wrong!

Great find
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 08, 2006, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbooth
wow if that includes those elects then it is a steal.. But I really dont think it does.. But I could be wrong!

Great find
I'm thinkin the same, the elecs are likely extra..... Too bad we'll have to wait until 'mid June' to find out.
Apr 08, 2006, 01:41 PM
Registered User
Look in the gallery. Electronics are the suggested components. It says Alum main frame, with some alum parts, not a bad deal.
Apr 08, 2006, 10:47 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
Keith43221's Avatar
It looks like a SE/CDE mix. Some metel/CF, but a lot of plasitc in the head.
Apr 08, 2006, 11:33 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
blade strike's Avatar
Still not a bad deal... But one of the best parts about a rex is building the damn thing...
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Apr 08, 2006, 11:37 PM
Make that a double!
tsirhcdica's Avatar
What's the point of being pre-built, when you have to take it all apart to check the screws for locktite? At least I would.
Apr 08, 2006, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
I found this interesting. I guess they are trying to match Tower's Helimax. Atleast they aren't trying to claim it as their own brand.
Nice, Horizon has the the best distribution in my area, I'd get Trex parts from them in a heartbeat. Great news. Their Blade support was phenominal. I'd like to see a big Blade.
Apr 08, 2006, 11:45 PM
Suspended Account
I think is a pretty big thing almost all hobby shops order from them and now they can get the rex from them. Align is in for a big awakening this thing is going to start selling more and more. My lhs owner says its pretty hard to find a good trex parts dealer that you can order from at wholesale but now trhey can just order from horizon. This is a marketing strategy from align and horizon hobby. Its genius!
Apr 09, 2006, 12:39 AM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexbuilding
I think is a pretty big thing almost all hobby shops order from them and now they can get the rex from them. Align is in for a big awakening this thing is going to start selling more and more. My lhs owner says its pretty hard to find a good trex parts dealer that you can order from at wholesale but now trhey can just order from horizon. This is a marketing strategy from align and horizon hobby. Its genius!
I dunno, Horizon sells many brands on it's website that are not an official part of thier distribution network or affiliated with in any way, just because it's available on thier website doesn't mean that it's available through thier distribution channels in any large quantities..... if that makes any sense...... in other words if they are the official distributor they will push and advertise the product and always have huge quantities of kits and parts on hand, if they are not the official distributor they will most likely have no more effect on the product than any other typical online retailer, they will have limited amounts of stock on hand....... about the only brands you will never see popup on Horizons website are those in the Great Planes distribution network.... as the two seem to be bitter enemies and competitors.
Apr 09, 2006, 12:47 AM
Suspended Account
I hope that isnt the case because my lhs needs a better distribution retailer. If there smart they will supply horizon with lots and seeing as horizon exclusivly has this heli i think this may be the case mabe align gave them permission to manufactur the trex under the align name.? MMMM wouldnt that be nice no more oval gears!
Apr 09, 2006, 12:53 AM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexbuilding
I hope that isnt the case because my lhs needs a better distribution retailer. If there smart they will supply horizon with lots and seeing as horizon exclusivly has this heli i think this may be the case mabe align gave them permission to manufactur the trex under the align name.? MMMM wouldnt that be nice no more oval gears!

Well, on the bright side, it is very possible that Align and Horizon are working out some kind of deal..... that would tend to explain the fact that the T-rex has yet to show up on Towerhobbies website, however.... when and if Align ever does become part of Horizons distribution network that doesn't really mean that we'd see an improvement in quality, Align would still be the manufacturer.... Horizon acts ONLY as a distributor.
Apr 09, 2006, 12:55 AM
Registered User

Wow- the gears arent suppost to be oval?


Ive never seen a round one. But really.The Horizon Align Trex is aimed right at Tower Hobbbies Helimax MX 400.No doubt.
Apr 09, 2006, 10:39 AM
Registered User
wow. but this means that all prices will be going down because its just like a se without the tail case and all metal head.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Horizon's Tensor 4D ARF Review j_z_123 Electric Plane Talk 3 Oct 13, 2008 07:35 PM
Building Tips for Horizon Yak 54F 3D ARF? dsswest Electric Plane Talk 1 May 29, 2005 09:50 PM
Horizon Seagull Decathlon 40 ARF AMCross Product Announcements 1 Jul 23, 2004 02:45 PM
horizon selling Zeros HardLander Parkflyers 3 Mar 28, 2002 09:27 AM
F/18A Hornet as a ARF Available end februari fvbreemen Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 33 Jan 01, 2002 05:20 PM