This thread is privately moderated by Gary Morris, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 08, 2006, 08:51 AM
Your attitude is your alt
Thread OP
Discussion

Tornadoes, wind, hail, what next?

Yesterday we had over 35 Tornadoes in the Middle Tennessee area with many touchdowns and over 12 deaths reported so far. In all my years living in Nashville I do not recall this many Tornadoes in one day. In Gallatin Tennessee, about 25 miles Northeast of Nashville they suffered two thousand homes damaged or destroyed and at least eight deaths. There were also reports of hail as large as 4" in diameter.
Just last week Tennessee suffered terrible storms which took the lives of over 24 people. The prediction is for more of the same for next Saturday, that would be a total of three weeks with Tornadoes, hail and damaging winds.
I feel for the people who have suffered the loss of their friends, homes, loved ones and livelyhood. I also feel fortunate that I have dodged the bullet so to speak and so far, haven't been touched by the hand of fate.

Gary Morris
Last edited by Gary Morris; Apr 09, 2006 at 05:22 PM. Reason: correct spelling errors
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2006, 09:54 AM

sympathy

So sorry for all the people there that are having to deal with so much. You have our prayers coming your way. I hope weather eases up asap.
Sincerely,
LannyG
Apr 08, 2006, 05:39 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Thread OP
Thanks LannyG, I appreciate your thoughts!

Gary Morris
Apr 12, 2006, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Morris
Yesterday we had over 35 Tornadoes in the Middle Tennessee area with many touchdowns and over 12 deaths reported so far. In all my years living in Nashville I do not recall this many Tornadoes in one day. In Gallatin Tennessee, about 25 miles Northeast of Nashville they suffered two thousand homes damaged or destroyed and at least eight deaths. There were also reports of hail as large as 4" in diameter.
Just last week Tennessee suffered terrible storms which took the lives of over 24 people. The prediction is for more of the same for next Saturday, that would be a total of three weeks with Tornadoes, hail and damaging winds.
I feel for the people who have suffered the loss of their friends, homes, loved ones and livelyhood. I also feel fortunate that I have dodged the bullet so to speak and so far, haven't been touched by the hand of fate.

Gary Morris
yea, i am in Nolensville and it scared the crap out of us over here. We had the south end of the area covered with a bad squall line.

I hate these storms-- I hope no more

Quick Reply