Jul 10, 2016, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
There are a lot of grumpy fishermen at Hansen, and allegedly the sheetboat guys got fed up with them.
They're grumpy 'cause they never catch anything 😁
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2016, 07:13 PM
Boat nut

Sheet boat

Here is my sheet boat and electric, yes, both need a lot finishing. Priority is the tug and rest will follow.😀
Jul 10, 2016, 07:15 PM
Boat nut
Hope they don't eat them if they catch any there��
Jul 10, 2016, 07:33 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugstertim View Post
Here is my sheet boat and electric, yes, both need a lot finishing. Priority is the tug and rest will follow.😀
Wow, both of your kits are long out of production. Treat them nicely.
Jul 10, 2016, 08:33 PM
Boat nut
Yup, back in the day I worked at Hobby Shack as second a job. I bought both kits there, never managed to bring home a paycheck !
Jul 11, 2016, 12:06 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Sounds like my first job, the LHS.
Jul 31, 2016, 09:51 PM
Boat nut

Aug meet

Are u guys meeting this month?✌️
Jul 31, 2016, 11:29 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugstertim View Post
Are u guys meeting this month?✌️
August 4th? Probably...
Aug 03, 2016, 11:22 PM
Grumpa Tom
woodybob and I are planning on going tomorrow, but I do not know if anyone else will be, Due to the hot weather we have been dealing with, we plan on arriving earlier than normal. between 8 and 8:30, and subsequently leaving earlier also when the heat starts bearing down.
Aug 04, 2016, 09:04 AM
Retired for now
Hope you get some pretty pictures Mot. Are the forest fires near there? OBW says they're right near where you live..
Aug 04, 2016, 09:25 AM
Boat nut

Today

Can not make it again, that four letter word popped up.....work. I think by next month I should have this Tug close to done, well with me, it will never be done.😀✌️
Aug 04, 2016, 02:46 PM
Grumpa Tom
No pic's Pete. Same old same old.

woodybob (Pat) had his Springer and I had mine. I arrived very early, 7:45 AM. Boat was in the water by 8 and I cruised out and back a few times very slowly, just enjoying the "wake art" left by the hull on the glass surface. Pat got his "Scooter" in the water and we putted around and chatted.

A little while later D-Man Dennis and Cobra Greg arrived. Greg has rigged his Cajun Commander airboat to be a recovery/rescue craft and wanted to run some test rescues. It did very well, just needs a little fine tuning.

Another guy came to chat, and it turns out he is a scale model boater and has been lurking the forum for years! His name is "Joe" and hopefully he will start coming out with his boats. Hey Joe!

Well, by 10AM it was already uncomfortably warm and plain hot with the sun beating down. So we all packed it in.

We really need a shade shelter if we are going to set up on the cement dock. Either that or set up in the picnic area under the trees like the Violator's do and carry the boats to the water. But scale boats are slow and it means standing/sitting in the sun for an hour or two anyway, lol. Not like an FE that runs 3 minutes and then comes back in.
Aug 04, 2016, 03:04 PM
Retired for now
Well a bad day boating is better than a good day at work.☺ It's hot here too and the huniditity is really rotten. By ten it's in the house if not before. maybe next time for the pics.
Aug 29, 2016, 11:43 AM
Grumpa Tom
The monthly meeting of the Irregular's will be this coming Thursday, Sept 1, for anyone interested.

For me, I am just mentally as well as physically burned out by the unrelenting summer heat, and since it is once again going to be over 100F for the next few days, I will be bowing out for this Thursday.

For any of you that brave the heat and do go this Thursday, have a great time and try to take some pics for the forum.
Aug 30, 2016, 08:50 PM
WooHoo!
I'm with Tom, so over the heat.