Apr 05, 2006, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

my blade cx flew away and sank

i think im the stupidest person ever because today my mom took me to the flying feild and their was som guys flying since this was my first heli i went a little away from them so they wouldnt laugh at me when i crash but wrong i flew it great for my first heli but here is were the trouble is i went to high and about 10-20 feet is a lake for some of the r/c boaters something went wrong and the heli started going by itself and ended up in the lake it floated for about 1 minute and then sank ithink the cause was because i went to high im confused so please help im trying to get another blade cx i was wondering if anybody had one they dont fly anymore please help please i need all the help i can get
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2006, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
Adrian, It sounds as if you could have been on the same channle as another flyer, Did you ask if anyone could help you befor you flew. Sorry to here about your heli, but next time ask for help at your local airfield.What happens sometimes is your radio and someone elses radio are on the smae channle and your heli and someone elses plane both can crash from mixed signals. Always ask the other guys befor turning on your radio. Tom
Apr 05, 2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. If you can get the heli back from the lake maybe you can just replace some electronics and get off cheap.
Aside from that, the CX is really made for indoor flying only. If there is the slightest wind, it will blow your CX away.
Neil
Apr 06, 2006, 05:34 AM
DRAGONUS
adrian52492 you need to listen learn this lesson hard. It was a very bad and dangerous thing you did - not asking the other pilots what frequency they were using. If two people fly on the same frequency then both helicopters could crash in the confusion.

You may have lost your blade, but another pilot could also have lost his heli, and he could of been flying a $5000 turbine powered heli rather than a $300 electric one. Thats not to mention the safetey - if a raptor 50 goes out of control and fly's into someone - it will kill them - that wouldnt be a nice thing to have on your concience.

Please next time you go to the field - swallow your pride and go and see the other pilots and check the frequency's etc.

Butuz
Apr 06, 2006, 05:47 AM
Also, if there was any breeze at all, the blade CX would not have been able to fly against it. It must be absolutely calm to fly the CX outdoors.
Vince
Apr 06, 2006, 06:14 AM
Dunno about the CX but if someone switch on a radion on the frequency next to the one I use on my Lama2 it locks up so you might not be safe even if no-one is on the same frequency with these small cheap buggers. Just a hint from one who learnt the hard way. I checked frequency and so did the next guy but he had better equipment
Apr 06, 2006, 07:35 AM
It sounds like you learned the same lesson I did many years ago which is not checking for a clear channel.Always remember those other people had to learn to and have had their share of crashes.
Apr 06, 2006, 10:23 AM
The CX is not an outdoor helicopter. Even the slightest wind will make it almost uncontrollable especially to a new pilot. And as the others have already stated it was very careless to fly at a field without making sure your channel was clear, If you would have caused someones $2000 heli to crash it would have been a bad day for you and your mom. Stay indoors with the CX.

Quick Reply