Mar 29, 2006, 02:23 AM
Striving to Rip the Bring
Thread OP
Discussion

Pick up girls with R/C?

I had an enlightening experience yesterday. While msot of us know that girls are not attracted to parkfliers (they think they are geeky toys), there may be something in the whole R/C pickup idea. Airplanes draw attention, and attention starts a conversation

However, I was flying my Trex mini helicopter in the park yesterday, and these chics walked up to tell me that it was cool.

If helicopters are cool, why stop at the park? Why can't we find a relatively secluded spot, get ourselves noticed, and move from there?

A less travelled part of the beach perhaps.

--Alex
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2006, 02:24 AM
Thread OP
I guess the general point here is, "is it possible to pick up girls with R/C"...with some added creativity of course...
Mar 29, 2006, 03:32 AM
Mostly you'd have to knock 'em down with R/C first.....and that's dangerous, not recommended .

Steve
Mar 29, 2006, 03:39 AM
Thread OP
Ok, ok...I know that airplanes aren't exactly chic magnets. But helis are expensive and have lots of noisy little parts. Just maybe??....

--Alex
Mar 29, 2006, 06:54 AM
Don't lie to my dog.
It seems none of my hobbies have been particularly flush with opportunities. Besides RC, I also race sailboats. I remember coming in from an overnight race at 8 AM with 6 other smelly beat guys and watching an old fat man in a Jocque LeBoinboing bathing suit leaving the dock on a speedboat with five young ladies in bikinis.
Fortunately, I spent summers in college as a lifeguard...
Mar 29, 2006, 08:14 AM
Flap chap
Hey girls and RC are a totally different thing to enjoy, please dont mix the two...
Mar 29, 2006, 08:17 AM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greg,
Had to laugh there, I am a avid sailboat racer as well and have actually had luck picking up chicks sailing, must have been the rum. Just three weeks ago I married a woman I met racing, I was her watch captain during the '02 Newport to Bermuda race .

I have still yet to meet a woman who was impressed by powered R/C planes but the crunchy ones seem to like talking to you about DLG's

Cheers,
Jim
Last edited by LJH; Mar 29, 2006 at 08:27 AM.
Mar 29, 2006, 08:21 AM
If you want to attract girls while enjoying your R/C hobby...

...bring a puppy.
Mar 29, 2006, 08:26 AM
volare est vivere
I married the young lady who thought R/C planes were neat. I did not marry the other young lady who thought they were noisy, smelly, greasy awful things. We've been married for 35 years this April and we still go to the Toledo Show every year and hold hands.

I've been blessed -rjf
Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 AM
Suspended Account
Good for you Ray. I am lucky like that too.
I am an old fart now... I thought that all the hot chicks on the covers of all the new magazines was the way it is now????
silly me.
jimbo
Mar 29, 2006, 08:40 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
I have to advise you NOT to pick up girls with an RC product. Even the smallest of girls will be too heavy and your wing loading will be too high. The risks involved are not worth it.

Doug
Mar 29, 2006, 08:47 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoClimber
your wing loading will be too high.

Doug
That's what I was thinking.

I "picked up" my fiance with charm and persistance. I wasn't even into rc back then.
Mar 29, 2006, 08:50 AM
Boat Modeller
I met my girlfriend through my local RC car racing club (She ran it!!!!). so that means I kind of got a girl through the medium of RC rather than becuase i had some RC stuff.

We closed the club when our second child was born, and i have switched to boats planes and helis. She tollerates them but has NO interest in them and won't even talk to me about them.
Mar 29, 2006, 09:05 AM
Stupid ground....
R/C and girls don't mix. I went to an indoor flying thing with my brother and we were pleased to find out that our flying would start after a teenage girl's soccer game ended :-) half way through the flying session I overheard one of the soccer players still hanging around say (in the most snotty teen-age girl voice) I can't believe we are sitting here watching THIS!

Jarod Matwy
Winnipeg, Canada
Mar 29, 2006, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
whatever!
Last edited by Eljimb0; Mar 29, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply