Is Fan-Fold the same material as the pink 2" insulation foam ? - RC Groups
Jul 02, 2002, 12:00 PM

Is Fan-Fold the same material as the pink 2" insulation foam ?

I'm asking because it doesn't seem like fan-fold is available in Canada, probably because of the weather... anyways, I was wondering if it was the same material as the 2" pink insulation foam.
If it is, I could just make myself 3/8" panels out of a 2" sheet... I've done 1/2" already and they were perfectly straight...

Thanks for the info.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2002, 12:43 PM
No it's not NetForce2K, but it is close and will do in a pinch! The pink stuff is little more brittle than the blue, so much have a different composition.

CenTexFlyer
Jul 02, 2002, 04:14 PM
The effect is sadly temporary

Actually Yes AND No.

The pink insulation foam, and the pink fan-fold are effectively identical. The fan-fold is pre sliced neatly into 1/4" thick sheets. The Blue fan-fold is really quite different. The foam is similar, but the fan-fold has a plastic skin on it that really adds to the stiffness and durability. That's the stuff to get if you can. Otherwise, spray the pink foam lightly with the old 3M-77 spray, and cover it with cheap packing tape to get the durability.

Enjoy,
-Dan
Jul 02, 2002, 10:42 PM

i live in canada

hey i live in canada and i get some fanfold foam but mine is green not blue its a little better than the blue stuff

i live in nova scotia and got it at a place called cormacs building supplys for 45 bucks

go to a local siding store and ask them if they have it 10 out of 1 says they do

good luck
Jul 03, 2002, 12:13 AM
thanks Clarke, will try that for sure !
Jul 03, 2002, 12:15 AM
Hi Clarke:

Can you post the actual brand name of the stuff for us fellow Canucks?

Lee Smith
Winnipeg