Video and Stills from Chiricahua National Monument - RC Groups
Mar 27, 2006, 12:42 PM
Discussion

Video and Stills from Chiricahua National Monument

I flew and hiked at Chiricahua National Monument in eastern Arizona yesterday. I flew a 48" Zagi with a cut-down CVS cam on the first flight and a 3MP Flatfoto digicam on the second flight. It was pretty windy and bumpy, and I was at Massai Point, the highest point in the park (driving) at ~6900 ft. I was going to carry the plane on my 11 mile hike and get shots from other locations, but it became too windy to bother.

The CVS cam has its imager moved on an extension to the front and I am powering it with receiver power. The Flatfoto has a CamMan switch built into it, and I removed its single lipo cell and it is powered by receiver power as well. Full details on the camera setups can be seen at www.chrisgood.com/rcplanes/aerial_photos/

The movie is 20MB and is at:
http://www.chrisgood.com/rcplanes/ae...nt_26mar06.avi

The video is in CVS format which uses the XVID codec. If you don't have that loaded on your PC, do a search on XVID codec and you will find many free downloads.

Chris
Last edited by chrisgood; Mar 27, 2006 at 12:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2006, 02:02 PM
Git-R-Done
Chris,
Beautiful shots!
Nice video too.

Hermitt
Mar 27, 2006, 02:38 PM
Wow! I agree with Hermitt, Great video for an inexpensive hacked camera. I would love to see your set up and how you have your camera mounted. I'm sure Hermitt would too seeing he has a Zagi. They really do make a good camera plane. They handle the wind great and they stay very level most of the time. Way to go!