Jan 23, 2009, 07:06 PM
worked okay for me
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2009, 09:27 PM
I was able to open it with no trouble at all. Thanks RocketRob.

juggler
Jan 23, 2009, 09:59 PM

virus

Virus.... I'm not even going to try.

Bill
Jan 24, 2009, 07:55 AM
Size Matters!
For anyone who would rather dig up the plan themselves rather than use the link provided...do a search in this forum for Ethereal lady or Vic Smead and a topic titled Vic Smead Models with a .pdf of the plan should turn up.

Remember, "just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not following you."
Jan 24, 2009, 09:15 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
Strange.....when I opened the link above, I received a virus alert from Norton...
hmm? that's odd.
worked fine for me.
Jan 24, 2009, 09:51 AM
Worked for me too. But I am not on a PC so don't run virus software.

It is quite possible that some random selection of bytes within the PDF matches a virus signature.

I don't know of ANY PDF's being used to transport a virus though, and this one displays cleanly.
Jan 24, 2009, 10:47 AM
Quote:
It is quite possible that some random selection of bytes within the PDF matches a virus signature.
Yep...maybe my virus protection overreacted....
Jan 25, 2009, 03:07 PM

Ethereal Lady

I found this link to another thread which includes pictures of the Vic Smeed models, including Ethereal Lady.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841559

BTW I had no problems with the PDF file either.
Apr 12, 2009, 08:22 AM

30” Keil Kraft Cadet

Here is my last model; a 30” Keil Kraft Cadet.

To make the belly less puncture prone, instead of following the plan and building it with stick and tissue, I carved it from a piece of foam which I covered with light paper tissue and painted with acrylic yellow.

Nose ballast consists of a two channel micro radio, one Lipo cell and two micro servos for a total weight of 94 grams.

May be she is a bit heavy but the glide is nice.
Apr 12, 2009, 05:51 PM
Guizo, that's a very pretty little Cadet.
I notice the completed model's tail is different from the one under construction have you made two ?

I like the idea of using foam for the belly, I have a KK Chief, the Cadet's big brother. It's due to be refurbished I might try the same modification.

Cheers
Pat.
Apr 13, 2009, 03:52 AM
flight999
If you do try it with the Chief, you would
do well to glass over the foam and nose.
It is quite a heavy model at FAI weight.
Apr 13, 2009, 08:37 AM
Pat, you are right. I was trying to use a bitcharger R/C conversion to control the model but unfortunately I did not succeed!
Most probably I have too many thumbs on my hands and working with such small coils and magnets was not as simple as I thought!

Using micro servos I could modify the rudder and elevator to increase control authority.

Good hint to glass the foam on your Chief, since I would suggest paper-covering on small models only.

I suppose that the picture you have posted is quite old, otherwise I do not see the need to refurbish such a lovely model!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:31 AM
Guizzo, the picture of the Chief was taken about 7 years ago. Since then fuselage tissue has been torn in a few places. I think overall it looks pretty drab & could do with a freshen up - I'll probably use Litespan also fibreglass underneath the forward area as suggested. Worse still, it's covered in tissue over mylar which has become detached from the underside wing spar due to the undercamber. Also the elevator & rudder control have never been very satisfactory so some mods needed there.

Otherwise it's perfect.
Apr 14, 2009, 10:43 AM
Onward and Upward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier
The misstick has an old time feel to it i think
That is a very nice photo, Is this where you live?

Randy
Apr 14, 2009, 10:52 AM
flight999
Patmcc.

Don't expect miracles, it is a very slow flying model - thanks to the section - and not very responsive as a result. Seem to remember it being good at tightening up in lift of its own accord. K.K. made them that way!

Quick Reply