Dec 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Build, crash, repeat...
Then by all means move the motor! This is what makes this design so neat. Drag out the old X-acto and chop away till it balances!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
I've build this as my first wing it fly's great, but not fast.
I'm using a GWS8x6 prop on an e maxx 2822 1200KV and a 3s1000mah

The prop is not of the pusher type I just reversed the motor.
does that matter?

THX
Jan 24, 2010, 05:58 PM
Just thumbing through...
Not if the convex side faces forward. I had a pusher prop installed as a puller, and you just reverse the rotation with electric - so easy
Jan 25, 2010, 02:20 PM
yeah i thought so wasn't sure doh. After reading a few more pages in this thread and I found my fault : the prop was on backwards the 8x6 letters were facing the sky not the wing as it should be? When it's puller the letters face the sky in front of the plane so when I mounted the motor backwards I also flipped the prop the letters facing the sky again. Should leave the prop on like it was en just reverse the motor Right?

Or else Is it the motor that's not spinning fast enough.

Time to go look @ hobbycity for a lighter faster spinning one,
any sugestions wich will make a good one with ??? Prop.

The wing also folded, I'm thinking to use a spar instead of a piece of depron will add strenght.

GRTZ
Last edited by Svenne; Jan 25, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Jan 25, 2010, 05:37 PM
Just thumbing through...
I have a CF2822, not sure if it's same as yours, it's from Hobby City. It is for a 9 or 10 inch prop. I use a 9x4.5 or 10x3.8 from memory (plane is downstairs I'll look again if it's important)
The letters/numbers on the GWS orange props should face the direction of flight.
Hobby City also sells a CF2812 which is much faster, but uses a 7 inch prop.
Jan 26, 2010, 01:46 PM
they didn't face the direction of flight, going to build another one and try again.

I have good reason to believe your e maxx is the same as mine 1200KV
going to give it another go. with a larger prop.

Did you use that motor for your wing? How was it mounted?

Grtz
Jan 26, 2010, 03:57 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenne
they didn't face the direction of flight, going to build another one and try again.

I have good reason to believe your e maxx is the same as mine 1200KV
going to give it another go. with a larger prop.

Did you use that motor for your wing? How was it mounted?

Grtz
I mean that the letters face direction of flight, no matter if pusher or puller

No, not in a wing, in a flat foam Yak. I'm building a wing like the Assassin with a CF2812. The motor arrived in the mail yesterday, but I want to complete 2 other projects first
Jan 26, 2010, 06:48 PM
Flying low is expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
I mean that the letters face direction of flight, no matter if pusher or puller

No, not in a wing, in a flat foam Yak. I'm building a wing like the Assassin with a CF2812. The motor arrived in the mail yesterday, but I want to complete 2 other projects first
Before this turns into confusion.... props can be different. GWS props have lettering in the front (this i am sure of). But some props have lettering in the back.

One can never tell just by the way the lettering is facing. Think of a prop as an airfoil (because it is one after-all). If you look at the prop closely, the Convex side of the prop heads to the direction of travel (which is usually front, but hey, ya never know) .... i hope that helped someone. I always got my props mixed up until it was said to me this way.

Golden Rule: convex side goes front.
Jan 26, 2010, 06:54 PM
Just thumbing through...
Right - see my post #918. We were talking about GWS props, but it never hurts to clarify - thanks
Jan 26, 2010, 07:06 PM
Flying low is expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
Right - see my post #918. We were talking about GWS props, but it never hurts to clarify - thanks
whoops. sorry about that, didnt mean to step on an toes here!
Jan 26, 2010, 07:19 PM
Just thumbing through...
No sweat - your explanation was better anyway!

cheers!
Jan 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thread OP
I really like the higher kv motors with a 5x5 prop on these guys, they like a little speed.

Scott
Jan 27, 2010, 01:46 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
I've built more than a few of these blue foam wings, and a couple have used the Emax 2812 with APC 6x5.5 prop to go over 70mph.

Heads Up RC http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail

OR, an even faster setup that is $18 W/18a ESC incl!!

RC Hot Deals http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/r...18A_combo.html

I am using the faster one on my wing now, with the same APC 6x5.5 prop and Blue Lipo 1300 25c 3s battery I have been over 80mph.

good luck

--Ray
Feb 01, 2010, 03:17 PM
having read through the posts, i decided to build the origional 31" in 6mm grey depron and at the moment it has a blue wonder 1500Kv with a 8x4 apc prop, and a 900 mAh lipo, i have not yet maidened it, i am hoping this will fly well, and have a spare emax CF2812 motor and was thinking of putting this on as well, with a mystery 1500 mAh lipo and a 7x4 apc clone prop, but not sure if the 31" is enough for a heavyier better motor, or should i look at a bigger version of this wing
carl
Feb 04, 2010, 07:15 AM

doggit - how is motor mounted?

Hi Doggit - I wonder if you could explain how you have mounted your motor, and possible post a close-up photo? This would be greatly appreciated.
with thanks,

Quick Reply