Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
I was wondering if anyone had every tried my motor on one of these wings before and also what kind of performance change I might expect if I switch from the ep 8080 prop I'm now using to an ep9070. Any ideas? I will probably try this prop if the wind lets up a little today, if not I guess I'll give FSONE a workout, or maybe try and do a little work on the F22 I built night before last. I'll be glad to get a motor for it.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by bass3587
Here is my latest Blucore wing. Powered by a komodo 10t 24g motor w/GWS5x4.3 prop. Another great flyer, inverted or right side up plus she has a great glide slope to it. It's always good to have one of these in the hanger as she can handle the wind. AUW is around 10-12 oz depending on battery 3s 900 or 1200 15c lipo.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
Well, I got a few seconds of video today in 8-20mph winds so almost out of control flight conditions.
Hope you guys enjoy will try and get more and better video tomorrow, as I have to go to prison to minister tonight.
BlueCor Wing (0 min 55 sec)
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by More Trim
More Trim
sounds like you had some wind to deal with to.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
Here's a short video from day three, which was also the final day of life for Zagnutz wing two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWYmIBi1ZPQ
Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:17 PM
More Trim
What a shame. You did so well and what happen. Just get back it the shop and build another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck4
Here's a short video from day three, which was also the final day of life for Zagnutz wing two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWYmIBi1ZPQ
Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by Danjuan
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
that landing didnt look that bad.just a little glue huh?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
Deleted the other video guy's here is the replacement. Yeah the landing was a little harder than it looked lost my antenna wire and thus signal broke the wing in half basically right at the inner end of the elevon.

Bluecor 2 (3 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by MYHELIGUY
BUILDIN-FLYIN-CRASHIN-FUN
HI , kinda thinkin on building this wing. anyone here may have flown a mini-slinger ? just lookin for comparison info .
Old Jan 16, 2009, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Trim
What a shame. You did so well and what happen. Just get back it the shop and build another one.

Yeah I'm working on a kfm wing right now about to the end of my bundle of fff so I guess it's off to Lowes I go.
I probably could have fixed that one, but I have about six in the shop right now on my build list.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Don't ya jus love this FFF,i think you can only get the blu-PBIII bundles now,and its 3/16" think. i been buildin with it, using gorilla glue,built about 10 models,all are good.it does tear alittle easier-packing tape solves this.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
Yeah I can get the 1/4 or 3/8 here in Tulsa, I like building with it though I wish I could afford some epp, and depron also, I just have to salvage my cf when I tear one up and build another one. As I said in my earlier post I have several started mainly waiting to finish them when I can afford a outrunner and brushless esc.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:52 AM
I may order up some EPP ,haven't built with it yet. i hear great things about EPP,like it last forever with crashes,lighter builds.Most of my builds i use bamboo skewers,whole bag at dollar store,so far they work well. this way,when a model is ready to trash,its trash. i build really nice light weight,i may order up some CF too.i just hate a crash with alot of $$ into. Every winter,i build up a few different models ,springtime i fly the ones that i have duplicated as the better ones from winter flying. I will build this wing,and possibly a Kfm wing, i like slow manueverable with fast capibilities.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
The KFM from what I read is a real slow flyer, I have one on the workbench now about got it ready for electrics. Gene Bond also has a bluslo wing, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207171
Check it out, I built one havehad alittle trouble getting the cg set but I built a cg checker yesterday.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:57 PM
More Trim
Well did you go to Lowes and get your foam? Just wandering. Diggs and I went there and the fan fold foam they had was not in very good shape. So .

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck4
Yeah I'm working on a kfm wing right now about to the end of my bundle of fff so I guess it's off to Lowes I go.
I probably could have fixed that one, but I have about six in the shop right now on my build list.