May 14, 2001, 01:08 PM
Thread OP

Newbie needs help!!!!

I'm totally new in this hobby. Does anyone have any suggestions how I should start to fly an R/C airplane and what to buy?
I'm thinking about getting a Aero Cruiser RTF from Hobbico. I found this package at towerhobbies.com. Is this the right one to start off?
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2001, 03:29 PM
heli on the brain
...you definately should start with a slower flying, self- corecting type of plane. Ive heard great things about the T52 trainer and also think that a Wingo/Poppy/Soarstar would be great (i have one and have taught four people to fly on it). Having an experienced flyer show you the ropes is the preferred way, which will save you lots of time, money and frustration.

...just remember, "stick to the low side" when coming out of a turn and you'll be fine.

DeZ
May 15, 2001, 10:56 AM
Hi, welcome to the hobby. I taught myself 100% on a Zagi. My advice, go to your local hobby shop (LHS) make some new friends there, ask them for their advice. Many times someone there in the store will help you out with building and it's maiden flight. One thing I always recommend to someone who is just learning to fly, don't pull up too hard on launch,,,airspeed is your friend,,stalls are bad. Good luck again, get some help,,everyone needs it. It'll save you time and especially money. Good luck. Cruz
May 15, 2001, 02:20 PM
I'm disoriented!
Start reading everything here in the E-Zone for a month before you order anything.

I recommend the T-52 or Push-E-Cat. They are taped foam and very forgiving in a crash, which you will have a lot of.

Stay away from the Soarstar/Wingo. The least bit of crash means a repair job, in spite of the comments above. If you are lucky enough to find an experienced flyer locally, then I'd say OK to them. I have a Soarstar and I busted it up on the first two tries. The T-52 (www.jkaerotech.com) can go and go. It's problem is the nose-mounted motor. You may bend a motor shaft, or break a prop.

The Push-e-Cat (garrison aerodrome) is a good trainer. EPP foam is crash resistant.

Good luck, and start reading - Try "Foamies" forum for a starter. Search on T-52 and "Push-e-cat".

Chris
May 15, 2001, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
thanks for all the replies...I really appreciate it. By the way, where is the best place to find more info on the T-52 and where do I buy it?
May 16, 2001, 08:37 AM
MK
MK
http://www.jkaerotech.com/
May 17, 2001, 10:26 AM
Has anyone been crazy enough to try to make the t-52 a pusher? I think it would be ever mote the "ultimate trainer" if that were the case.

May 17, 2001, 10:34 AM
Space Coast USA
I strongly second this recommendation.
hoppy

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisD:
Start reading everything here in the E-Zone for a month before you order anything.

I recommend the T-52 or Push-E-Cat. They are taped foam and very forgiving in a crash, which you will have a lot of.

Stay away from the Soarstar/Wingo. The least bit of crash means a repair job, in spite of the comments above. If you are lucky enough to find an experienced flyer locally, then I'd say OK to them. I have a Soarstar and I busted it up on the first two tries. The T-52 (www.jkaerotech.com) can go and go. It's problem is the nose-mounted motor. You may bend a motor shaft, or break a prop.

The Push-e-Cat (garrison aerodrome) is a good trainer. EPP foam is crash resistant.

Good luck, and start reading - Try "Foamies" forum for a starter. Search on T-52 and "Push-e-cat".

Chris
May 17, 2001, 10:55 AM
characters welcome!
Quote:
Originally posted by ooananoo:
By the way, where is the best place to find more info on the T-52 and where do I buy it?
When you use MK's link, go to Kits, hit T-52 Trainer, scroll down to the yellow text that starts with "we have a customer" and click on Buzz_Man's link. We consider this to be probably THE clearinghouse for T-52 info at Ezone. Thanks to Buzz_Man!

mw

Quick Reply