Mar 26, 2006, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where Are You Flying In Socal Today??

[B]Just wondering where everyone is flying today in beautiful Southern California??

I woke up this morning to crystal clear blue skies and cool but not cold temps here in Tehachapi, but not a drop of wind. The weather report is calling for W to NW winds to 25 mph today, I will believe it when I see it.

Regards,

JIM
Last edited by Tehachapi Jim; Mar 26, 2006 at 10:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2006, 10:39 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Reef Point @ Crystal Cove if the wind cooperates.

Pete
Mar 26, 2006, 10:49 AM
Where's the wind?
To bad you guys are so far away. Colorado front range is looking to be epic!

Forcast for today
Mostly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Very windy. Highs in the lower 50s. West winds 15 to 25 mph increasing to 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph in the afternoon.

Last time they said 'very windy' I measured over 80mph on Zion!

Second last round of planes charging now.

Have fun out there in sunny Cali. Now with my new Cruiser I hope to make it back out your way this spring possibly for the PSS fest.

Andrew
Mar 26, 2006, 11:54 AM
Stay in it!!!!
Bald Peak
Mar 26, 2006, 12:56 PM
Nucking Futs
parker is looking OK for a mild day of flying.

Anyone else going?
Mar 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
Circle Jockey
Yes, but don't tell anybody

Dean
Mar 26, 2006, 02:03 PM
Bald Peak!! Like DEAN!!!!!!
Mar 26, 2006, 02:11 PM
Circle Jockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig
Bald Peak!! Like DEAN!!!!!!
Always nice to hear from my friend Slope Buddha

Reports from flyers at Parker right now say the front side is good, DS is no good. Winds are shifting from NE to S.

Dean
Mar 26, 2006, 03:32 PM
Circle Jockey
Parker reports are getting better, I am on my way.

Dean
Mar 26, 2006, 08:46 PM
Got to Dean's Peak---er-- I mean BALD Peak--- no wind-- but this place ought to be AWSOME for DSing!!! Not good enough landing area for most F3F er's-- but there is an area that points right into the prevailing wind that should work for the ballistically built DS machines!!! Went on down to the spot Joe Manor calls "Heaven", and it looks in great condition!! Good landing area and we could definitely hold F3F races there!!! Good LZ-- plenty of lift on those westerly days--- gonna have thermal lottery to but what inland site doesn't!!?? Even White Point has thermals that affect speeds-- just not as dramatic!! Gonna have to get my ISR club boys to re-schedule a BIG plane fun fly--scale and F3F stuff willl really fly well there. Let's do it!!!!!
Timmig

Quick Reply