New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:57 AM
Smokin' Beaver is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Registerd Beaver
Smokin' Beaver's Avatar
Discussion

Messerschmitt Me 262...UPDATE January '07


UPDATE January 2007 - see this post (#1)

Just thought I'd open it up for conversation...
I believe one of the Czech companies is due to release one soon (EDF).
Here in Australia I'll have to pay upwards of $250!...no way!
But it's such a beautiful, beautiful aircraft design.
GWS would do it proud now with their great new B/L system.
At present there's no ~1200mm span EDF at a realistic entry level price.
I like the Warthog but WWII is my pref for warbirds.
any votes for it?

Phil

Edit: January '07.
I received my earlybird kit 21 November '06
See GWS forum for builds threads
see my build here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...42#post6571957
Last edited by Smokin' Beaver; Jan 26, 2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: UPDATED
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:49 AM
MakMov is offline
Find More Posts by MakMov
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
It's already been discussed at great length.

I'm all in if they ever do one, or a Blackcat, or a Wildcat, or a FW190, or a Mig 3, or a Firefly.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:28 PM
molders is offline
Find More Posts by molders
Registered User
molders's Avatar
Yup. I'll go along with that. A beautiful plane and I too would dearly love to make and fly a EDF model.
MakMov. You say it has already been discussed at great length. I am new here so can you say where/when this discussion took place or, better still, what was the outcome?

Thanks mate
Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:35 PM
Roger Lombard is offline
Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Confused? Who, me?
Roger Lombard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by molders
Yup. I'll go along with that. A beautiful plane and I too would dearly love to make and fly a EDF model.
MakMov. You say it has already been discussed at great length. I am new here so can you say where/when this discussion took place or, better still, what was the outcome?

Thanks mate
Try this, if you don't want to wait for GWS. JP will shortly be importing the version without the radio gear which I hope and expect will be about 30 less.

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...5&activepage=1
Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:42 PM
MakMov is offline
Find More Posts by MakMov
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by molders
Yup. I'll go along with that. A beautiful plane and I too would dearly love to make and fly a EDF model.
MakMov. You say it has already been discussed at great length. I am new here so can you say where/when this discussion took place or, better still, what was the outcome?

Thanks mate

Me 262 Thread


I am not sure there was an outcome.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:05 AM
Smokin' Beaver is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Registerd Beaver
Smokin' Beaver's Avatar
Cheers guys,
I'd forgotten about that thread. I posted there myself! {bangs forehead with hand}
In my defence, thread was started 2003, last post 6 months ago.
Oh well, it helps to keep things refreshed from time to time.
Now with the intro of the B/L motors, more options are possible too.

Phil
Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:48 AM
GWS4CEO is offline
Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
When GWS Me262 twin EDF55s avalible, the price should be less than $70 for white version include duct fan units ( less motors ).
Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:12 AM
Roger Lombard is offline
Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Confused? Who, me?
Roger Lombard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
When GWS Me262 twin EDF55s avalible, the price should be less than $70 for white version include duct fan units ( less motors ).

Yes, Mr Lin, but the important word in your message is "when" and it won't be before 2007 at the earliest will it?

Am I going to include this in my hat-eating promise along with the FW 190?

Roger
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:37 AM
MakMov is offline
Find More Posts by MakMov
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Not much point in talking about or putting a price something that doesn't exist yet.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 04:52 PM
spinnetti is offline
Find More Posts by spinnetti
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
spinnetti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Try this, if you don't want to wait for GWS. JP will shortly be importing the version without the radio gear which I hope and expect will be about 30 less.

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...5&activepage=1
Roger,

I've not seen this one before - kinda looks like a "Parkzone".
Is there US distribution on this, and did one without the radio come out?

I'd like to see a review of it - the size and price make it look like a strong option!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:13 PM
sutlane is offline
Find More Posts by sutlane
Registered User
sutlane's Avatar
It is made by CC Lee but I can't find any review on them. I have seen one at my LHS and it wasn't a bad model for the money. Again I would be interested in a version without the cheapo radio gear.

The only criticism I would have would be with the finish. Some parts have a nice shiney finish and looks very nice eg. nacells, however the fuselage was just sprayed foam so they looked unmatched close up.

However that is just nit-picking as I am sure it would look great in the air. Another worry of mine would be the motors, for such a cheap model I think they wouldn't last long, however I am sure many of you would want to go brushless anyway
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:27 PM
scratchandbash is offline
Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Suspended Account
scratchandbash's Avatar
Instead of waiting for companies to come out with an inexpensive 55mm ME262, start practicing sculpting foam, and then if you want it really nice, sheet it and iron-on cover. I built an EDF55 ME262 that I got flying pretty well on rud/elev. Also near finished with a Feigo powered EDF40 ME262 that is much more scale looking.

FSK is nice but not worth the price of a crash, GWS can be reinforced quite tough. No offense Mr. Lin (if this ever gets read) but I don't see the ME262 coming. The only reason I've been tough on this one, is because the ME262 is my FAVORITE PLANE. Therefore, if someone promises it and shows a picture, they better deliver it.

Still, Mr. Lin, thanks for the good performing low cost fans.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
Smokin' Beaver is offline
Find More Posts by Smokin' Beaver
Registerd Beaver
Smokin' Beaver's Avatar
Sutlane - Here is some comments from guys about the CCLee Me 262.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480557
My comments are on it & from what I've seen in LHS. My money is still firmly in my pocket.

Scratchandbash - NICE work. I've just finished a big Ju88 scratchbuild and am all scratched out at the moment.
If there's no decent ARF in the next 12 months, I'll prob go that way.
When I go EDF, the 262 is the only jet I want.

Makmov - that was the point of the thread i suppose to keep the possibility alive

There's an old Chinese proverb - "The Squeaky wheel gets the oil"
..well maybe not Chinese but quite true.


- Phil
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:58 AM
alexeames is offline
Find More Posts by alexeames
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
When GWS Me262 twin EDF55s avalible, the price should be less than $70 for white version include duct fan units ( less motors ).
That'll do me
Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
MakMov is offline
Find More Posts by MakMov
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Considering that was started in 2003 and it is now 2006 and we are no closer to a GWS 262... I think any life or interest has long passed for most people.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FSK ME 262 Update wastel Electric Warbirds 2 Apr 14, 2006 04:58 PM
German Fiberglass Messerschmitt Me 262. For sale. Not for Beginners. The Mechanic Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 11, 2005 04:51 AM
Terry, Rafale, and ME-262 for sale. bruff Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 12, 2001 10:03 PM
Rittinger ME-262 (again!) Slope Nut Electric Plane Talk 14 Sep 26, 2001 05:07 PM
ME-262 - Question on duct fans spitfire Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 4 Jun 01, 2001 10:31 PM