Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
Discussion

Aquacraft Atlantic Horbar Tug

has any one had any insight on this tug. its a RTR and a nice piece. i have not put it in the water yet but it seems a bit fast seeing the video. it has the same motor there speed hull has. other than that it looks like a lot of fun. the running lights housing are put on wrong but with all the lights its ok. i think the mast lights are not right. they should be all white, there not.
tower will be selling it but its not in stock yet. here is the one i got and Aquacraft's.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
Wing,
I don't know if you have seen this thread or not on the Atlantic tug
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444813

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut163
has any one had any insight on this tug. its a RTR and a nice piece. i have not put it in the water yet but it seems a bit fast seeing the video. it has the same motor there speed hull has. other than that it looks like a lot of fun. the running lights housing are put on wrong but with all the lights its ok. i think the mast lights are not right. they should be all white, there not.
tower will be selling it but its not in stock yet. here is the one i got and Aquacraft's.
Mar 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
Don i did and did not conect the two. i'll read it through and see. i did notice that he could not find the addjustment for the fwd/rev control. there is one.
Mar 22, 2006, 03:39 PM
River Rat
I built a 4' deck barge for a guy's Aquacraft.
Mar 23, 2006, 08:56 AM

barge

TBJ;
nice barge, i was thinking on this type.
Mar 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
River Rat
Now that would work nicely! How long she gonna be? Better watch those cross winds. They're tricky little devils.
Mar 24, 2006, 11:02 AM
i don't know how long, two reasons, one, what scale is the tug? and even thow i served on her i don't remember how long she is. i'm looking for plans.
NO NAME (YR 64)
FLOATING WORKSHOP (N-S-P)
UIC: 17703
Class: YR 44 Fleet:
Date status changed: 07/01/1975 Berth: NAVSEA Inactive Ships On-site Maintenance Office, Philadelphia, PA
Maintenance Category:
Force: MARAD Type:

Builder: PANAMA CAN OG/BAL
Delivery Date: 05/13/1946
Award Date: 11/24/1943 Age (since delivery): 59.8 years
Keel Date: 06/16/1944 Commission Date:
Launch Date: 11/28/1944 Decommission Date:
Age (since launch) 61.3 years Years from Commission to Decommission:
Stricken Date:

Overall Length: 153 ft Waterline Length: 150 ft
Extreme Beam: 36 ft Waterline Beam: 34 ft
Maximum Navigational Draft: 6 ft Draft Limit: 6 ft
Light Displacement: 530 tons Full Displacement: 760 tons
Dead Weight: 230 tons
Hull Material: Steel hull, steel superstructure.
Number of Propellers:
Propulsion Type:
Accommodations: Officers: 4 Enlisted: 47

Custodian: NAVSEA INACTIVE SHIPS ON-SITE MAINTENANCE OFFICE, PHILADELPHIA, PA Ships Program Manager: 325
Planning Yard: Puget Sound (DET) Boston, Boston, MA

No changes to this information were reported since 06/07/2002
Last edited by wingnut163; Mar 24, 2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add
Mar 28, 2006, 08:25 AM
Great looking barge - any dimensions? 4' long by etc? I have a smaller one but this looks like the next generation up. Is it open underneath for weight?
Thanks, Mike
Mar 28, 2006, 08:40 AM
By the way, this tug was reviewin the new magazine, scale & RC boat #1 issue. hope to get out soon an try her.
Mar 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
River Rat
The barge is 12" wide and not open underneath. The guy wanted a strong barge with a notch for his Atlantic tug and built so that it would not sink. So the top half of the barge is stuffed with Styrofoam sheeting and the hull is fiberglassed.

I have drawings for this barge and one a little larger for tugs link Mr. Darby on the Yahoo tugs and tows group in the files section.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tugsandtows/
Mar 31, 2006, 04:31 PM
Add three pounds of weight to the tug plus 3300 mah batteries and it is a whole different unit. For ballast in barge use the Crystal Geyser water bottles 1 gal square type. Repair barge is cool. Built my 4 foot to take 6 gal jugs and it a real unit to practise with.