Mar 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
Wow!
I am going to have to think more seriously about this...Sherman is 4/22, and SEFF is the week after....3 weekend of events in a row! But it sure is a nice place.

Kirby
Google says it'll be a 371 mile, 6 hour 35 minute trip from Dallas. As much as I'd like to attend I can't justify that kind of trip. I would like to see pictures though.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2006, 11:42 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
looks like it would be worth it...unfortunatley, I forgot my wife will be out of town that weekend and I have Daddy Daycare all weekend... bummer...

Kirby
Mar 24, 2006, 12:19 AM
Thread OP
You wish that you could make the drive! Mike is going to make a 9 hour drive. You're not going to let him out do you? Are you? LOL

Thanks for wishing that you could come anyway, Birdie!

Reegan

P.S. I am planning on making a F-14 with sweep wings for this event that will fly indoors. Hopefully I can get it done in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_in_texas
that place looks fantastic..! wish i could make the drive...is fun to watch Reegan doing rolling circles with the "Double Edge" or whatever that thing was..!

also wanna see the F14 in action inside that place!
Mar 24, 2006, 12:46 AM
Pro Bro #495
Birdies got a good excuse, and trust me, you don't want to hear it
Mar 24, 2006, 10:45 AM
"Great to know that you are coming, Bryan! This is a good place to fly, a lot bigger than the Reese gym that we flew in. Oil up that slow stick motor and we will see you there!

Bring Lee, and his plane along with you also.

Reegan"

OK Reegan
I'll come up with Bryan. How about some SLOW STICK combat? That has allways seemed like it would be fun to me.

Lee
Mar 24, 2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Bro #1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly
Birdies got a good excuse, and trust me, you don't want to hear it
i am sure Reegan noticed how i was walking and not sitting too well while in Big Spring..but i guess i could maybe take a pic or 2 and post it..!..! i bet that would get some attention!

i sure would like to make it though..that place looks big enough for me to fly my stryker in without endangering too many people!
Mar 25, 2006, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Glad to know that you are coming, Lee! We might can arrange some Slow Stick combat. I also have a few other things that I think everyone will like for games. How about carrier landings, precision pick up, and formation flying. I think this could be as Gary says, "Just a Hoot!". The carrier landings are probably a little different than what you are thinking right now. Would anyone like to take a guess what this would exactly be like?

Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp914
"Great to know that you are coming, Bryan! This is a good place to fly, a lot bigger than the Reese gym that we flew in. Oil up that slow stick motor and we will see you there!

Bring Lee, and his plane along with you also.

Reegan"

OK Reegan
I'll come up with Bryan. How about some SLOW STICK combat? That has allways seemed like it would be fun to me.

Lee
Mar 25, 2006, 01:15 PM
Pro Bro #495
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&RRC
Glad to know that you are coming, Lee! We might can arrange some Slow Stick combat. I also have a few other things that I think everyone will like for games. How about carrier landings, precision pick up, and formation flying. I think this could be as Gary says, "Just a Hoot!". The carrier landings are probably a little different than what you are thinking right now. Would anyone like to take a guess what this would exactly be like?

Reegan
Landing on a fold out table?

Can I use a JAR bomb?
Mar 25, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thread OP
Hint, Hint: Aircraft carriers are not still when planes are landing.

You can use a JAR bomb if you want, but I think it would be difficult.

Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwilly
Landing on a fold out table?

Can I use a JAR bomb?
Mar 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
I can understand the cost of the trip. We were unable to attend some flight events due to the same reason. Thanks for checking out ours though. Maybe we will see you at another event soon. We will get as many pics as possible to show what went on at the fun-fly. Keep checking back because there might be some additional info that could make you change your mind.

Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee
Google says it'll be a 371 mile, 6 hour 35 minute trip from Dallas. As much as I'd like to attend I can't justify that kind of trip. I would like to see pictures though.
Mar 25, 2006, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
We wish you could come, Kirby! I understand the Daddy Daycare situation. If you really wanted to come, there is one way that you could still make it... I understand that kids love watching planes fly. Just bring the daycare with you. LOL And look at it this way, you would become the number one caretaker in their eyes. Or on second thought, they would then want to come with you all the time...

Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
looks like it would be worth it...unfortunatley, I forgot my wife will be out of town that weekend and I have Daddy Daycare all weekend... bummer...

Kirby
Mar 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
Thread OP
I didn't notice a thing, Birdie! I just thought that you would rather be flying than sitting around. I am sure everyone gets the idea without pictures Birdie. LOL

I will be taking my E-Cat up a time or two if people don't mind, so I bet it would be big enough for your Stryker.

See you some time,
Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_in_texas
i am sure Reegan noticed how i was walking and not sitting too well while in Big Spring..but i guess i could maybe take a pic or 2 and post it..!..! i bet that would get some attention!

i sure would like to make it though..that place looks big enough for me to fly my stryker in without endangering too many people!
Last edited by R&RRC; Mar 25, 2006 at 03:01 PM.
Mar 26, 2006, 11:54 AM
OK, Guys.

The event is officially listed on the WINGS website now.
Check out or local website here: www.wingsmas.com

See ya'll there!

Bryan
Mar 26, 2006, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for posting the event on the Wings MAS site, Bryan. I hope that we can get some more people interested in indoor flying.

Any guess on what the aircraft carrier landing might be?

Reegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
OK, Guys.

The event is officially listed on the WINGS website now.
Check out or local website here: www.wingsmas.com

See ya'll there!

Bryan
Mar 26, 2006, 07:14 PM
We're gonna have to land on a smallish moving flatbed trailer?!?
Or, Have you been working on a secret robotics carrier simulator!?!

Bryan

Quick Reply