This thread is privately moderated by theKM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 17, 2006, 01:58 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Discussion

the Floaterline Special

Winter is coming to a close and every time I see water, or the evenings hush to a dull roar of dead-calm nothingness... I keep thinking I need another amphibian to commit flight and reprise efforts put into Twinkle.

For the longest time I've needed to build a classic looking thing-of-fancy (not scale at all), and more recently it's been of a float plane amphib configuration. The idead also flirt every now and then with it being a canard. Over time it will probably take on a few configurations based on the classic fuselage theme with common parts and construction style. But for now... here's where my thoughts are for...

...the Floaterline Special
Last edited by theKM; Mar 17, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
Looks very very cool.
I want one.
Put me first on the list for plans please.
Jul 27, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nice lines... I like the water plane myself. How big are you looking to build?
I recall seeing a similar wing configuration, but this one was for land, and the rudderless tail remind me of the electric eel, how appropriate.

Looking forward to see this evolve.
May 10, 2007, 05:10 PM

foam twinkle

Hi KM; I've missed the plans for the foam Twinkle; Would like to order the plans; Where do I send the check?
george
Jun 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
Hi Arron, this is a beautiful plane! Hope you can develop this one as good as the Twinkle! I am looking forward to building a Twinkle and after that I would love to build your Floaterline Special.
Jan 02, 2008, 10:58 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Thanks for the good feedback guys!

The Floaterline idea is still alive, although other projects have moved in front of it... mainly because of the way gear turns up by various means, urges change, etc etc. But I think Foaterline does need to happen, as much for the "same fuse" ideas that I want to portray... use the same style fuse for a constant chord speedster, and then a gull wing old timer, the low winger floater as in the sketches, etc. So the plans would be of the common same fuse, with each variant having different wing plans and instructions. All named on the theme (Floaterline, Speederline, Sporsterline), and if you managed to build all of them, and cover them in similar fashion, they'd be a family of planes that can exist together and have different characteristics.

I like the ideas... just need the time to do them, like everything. The next on my design board is the "Maelstrom" which I'll put in a blog post about to get feedback there... a design that was kind of born from the Floaterline sketches and me coming by JetScream motor with an Alfa fan.

mental note: remember to check replied to blog postings

Quick Reply