This thread is privately moderated by jlballou, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 17, 2006, 12:34 AM
StereoAerial Photographer
Thread OP
Gallery

Stereo Picture of the Week

Well, it's time for the Stereo Picture of the Week!

The picture below was taken on Wednesday of this week as I was trying to get a stereo pair of birds for the current contest. I did get one pair, but I'm going to try again before the contest period is up. So, at least I will have an entry.

The picture below is a self portrait taken from the CN2X AP Platform , which mounts two Aiptek PenCam SDs, triggered by a switch made by Roger Mihara. It was taken at the slope soaring site in Pinole, CA. It is a prominent hill that can be seen from Interstate 80 near the Pinole Valley Road exit, and has two slopes: one that can be flown with the wind from West to WNW, and another that works for South to SW. There is also terrain that produces some pretty strong thermals, so it's fun. The best part is that it is only about 10 minutes from work, so lunchtime flying is possible.

A note about viewing these pictures: The one that has the pictures side-by-side is a cross-eyed picture. In order to see the stereo effect, you need to cross your eyes until you see three images. The one in the middle will show the stereo effect. The image with the funny colors that looks blurry in spots in an Anaglyph. To view these, you need the glasses that have red for the left eye and aqua (blue-green) for the right eye. Some people find it easier to view anaglyphs, but obviously, it loses the color in the process.
Last edited by jlballou; Mar 17, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2006, 03:21 PM
Absolutely stunning image! That cliff looks really scary.

I've done some ground based stereo work, but your platform has me very interested in high altitude 3D. Great work!

Quick Reply