Mar 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Looking for a biglift or plans.

When I was a kid, the club I was a member of used to have a biiiig old high wing called a Biglift. looked like a cross between a super cub and a giant tail wheeled Hustler. Was built from a box
I have decided to get back into it all and this is the plane I want to build and fly, but cannot find one......or any plans. have asked about the place and it seems only the old timers remember them and they all agree they were a great plane and don't know why they stopped making them.
none of the model shops I have approached have ever heard of them.
HELP!!.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
It's a Multiplex plane. Not sure if anyone is importing them in the U.S. You can always order from: http://modelspot.com/mpx/biglift.htm. It's a UK hobby shop that very reliable and ships to the U.S. You might also consider the new/old giant Telemaster from Hobby Lobby.

Good luck,

Steve
Mar 16, 2006, 02:26 AM
Thread OP
I had a look at the Giant Telemaster and that will be my next choice if I can't find the biglift.
I hope they all ship to Oz, coz thats where I'm at.
I just had a look at the link and thats the one I'm looking for. Just have to find one in australia now. I see they have made a few improvements since I flew it a loooooong time ago. what a great looking old work horse. Looks like a C185 (one of my favorites to fly in the real thing)
anyone aware of anything similar on the market?.
Last edited by wiz310; Mar 16, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
Mar 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Yeeeeeehaaaaa!!!. I had the equivilent of a lotto win today.
Rang a model shop about an engine and the discussion got around to giant scale. I expressed my desire to own a biglift and how dificult it was to source one. the guy told me to wait a second and put me on hold. five mins later he came back with the news that he had one already built, covered, new OS91 and tank bolted in, all the reciever and servos set up, tow hook and bomb bay installed and ready to go, but as yet unflown. happy to part with it for less than the engine is worth. $500 ozzy bucks.
I nearly broke my credit card getting it out as fast as I could move. for an extra 200 bucks he threw in a brand new six channel transmitter with mixing and digital trimming. ready to fly for less than the basic balsa kit alone was going to cost me. pics and video of towing and bombing runs to follow shortly.
I can't get the stupid grin of my dial.
Mar 17, 2006, 09:44 AM
Way to go Wiz! Now I know who to ring up for a glider tow the next time I'm down under. Good luck with it. And don't forget to take a New York minute for a quick range check before your first flight!

Regards,

Steve
Mar 17, 2006, 10:40 AM
Thread OP
cheers Steve. Bring the glider anytime.
I'm a n expert on range checks now............. after losing one to not doing it.
I have a spectacular video of a foamy 182 augering in from about 100ft after I had a rudder hard over. guess what I forgot to extend after doing a 40ft range check with the arial down.
I love that 5 minute araldite and a foam fuse.
I'll try to edit all the expletives from it as it was going down and post it on the prang page.
the only thing left to do when that happens is dig out the monster truck and great lots of dust while waiting for the epoxy to dry. doesn't matter when I have spastic thumb moments with that.

Quick Reply